Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Blow dis! (he says as he raises his middle finger!)
    I'm no blow in! The grass hasn't been cut in my gaff for ****in months. Should be interesting to see the length of it...advice for anyone that's renting houses for the first time. If there's something needs doing that you feel, or is obviously, the landlords responsibility; withold the rent. It works wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Richy06 wrote: »
    Blow dis! (he says as he raises his middle finger!)
    I'm no blow in! The grass hasn't been cut in my gaff for ****in months. Should be interesting to see the length of it...advice for anyone that's renting houses for the first time. If there's something needs doing that you feel, or is obviously, the landlords responsibility; withold the rent. It works wonders!

Or gets you evicted...its the time inbetween thats fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭fionntang

when do most first years head down to limerick/the college ,is it business as usual from the 8th on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm moving down on the 7th, registration the 8th and induction the 9th...did you get your package this morning? I got mine! It's beginning to feel official!

Ah first years...

Business as usual from the 15th for moi...

• Advertisement

get to know each other session on the 8th then ?,im in apartment 6 in cratloe

You are close to the front! Lucky you, you could just crawl in...

i booked mine early so i suppose i got 1st preference ,do you know many going to lit?

Nah, I know one girl who will be doing Video and Sound and a guy who is going into the last year of that course and another guy who is going into 2nd year in some computers course. Agus Sin É!

mars bar wrote: »
    Nah, I know one girl who will be doing Video and Sound and a guy who is going into the last year of that course and another guy who is going into 2nd year in some computers course. Agus Sin É!

First year V&S is fair ****e. Seein as yer from Tuam, I'm guessing the lad going into the last year of V&S is Steve?

• Advertisement

fionntang wrote: »
    get to know each other session on the 8th then ?,im in apartment 6 in cratloe

Ha... number 6 got thrashed this year during a mega party... its handy livin near the gate but its also unhandy because your really close to the security who like to break up parties!.... bastids....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RINO87

First year V&S is fair ****e. Seein as yer from Tuam, I'm guessing the lad going into the last year of V&S is Steve?

theres a new syllabus...

Spot on...did you see his documentary for Sean Purcell. It was shown here in Tuam during the Arts Festival and they had to turn away 200 people coz there wasn't enough room. His documentary on Paul Cunniffe last year was deadly as well.

RINO87 wrote: »
    theres a new syllabus...

Really? Cool, should be better so. Nah I haven't seen any of Steve's stuff to be honest!

Steve_o wrote: »
    Ha... number 6 got thrashed this year during a mega party... its handy livin near the gate but its also unhandy because your really close to the security who like to break up parties!.... bastids....

:( awh ****

Got my keys today and saw my room and stuff. not bad, I've got the twin room to myself with the en-suite! Looks like it could get cold in winter and there is some odd red spattering on the front of our fridge...kinda made me shiver.

:( awh ****

You'll be grand, we just told the gards somethin stupid then kept partying!!!
    Got my keys today and saw my room and stuff. not bad, I've got the twin room to myself with the en-suite! Looks like it could get cold in winter and there is some odd red spattering on the front of our fridge...kinda made me shiver.

I had one of those rooms too... the heaters are pretty good, its not too bad in the winter if you remember to turn on the heating... if you dont its cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tilt

Is there anyone else still looking for accommodation

You'll be grand, we just told the gards somethin stupid then kept partying!!!

reckon there'll be many students about on sunday ,will be well up for a session!

reckon there'll be many students about on sunday ,will be well up for a session!

Next week will be one big session and so will every other week until the end of may...lol

• Advertisement

Next week will be one big session and so will every other week until the end of may...lol
    :D nice one ,just polishing my session shoes ,long year ahead for the poor guys

:D nice one ,just polishing my session shoes ,long year ahead for the poor guys

We had some good 'uns in Cratloe last yr, I lived in 31, its on the same row as your flat, just up near the back! Moved to a house beside the college for this yr, gonna be hammered all of next week!

I'm not too far from ya Fionn...we'll probably be able to hear the party in your house!

I'm not too far from ya Fionn...we'll probably be able to hear the party in your house!

Which number did you get?

dont hesitate to call over :D ,I wont know anyone I'm living with so will be good to get to know a few heads

I got number 126...

All I know is I'm living with 2 girls...

i think in first year all girls and lads live seperitly anyways

Damn it...

accom_pic1.gifaccom_pic2.gif

Im only going for the blue bowl's and pink bed sheets tbh

• Advertisement

haha, the blue bowls are there...no pink bedsheets unfortunately. I'm taking my Man U covers with me, they are the only single sized bedsheets I have!

Advertisement