Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend: 1-3/08/08

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Next up, Bohs on Friday.
    Spot of business to attend to before then. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SectionF wrote: »
    Spot of business to attend to before then. ;)

Jesus, we win regularly against Bohs compared to winning at the Brandywell. Looking forward as ever, so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Excellent result against a good Sligo side. We are showing championship form.

Next up, Bohs on Friday.

Sligo are toilet. I honestly think they'll get dragged down into the relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Rather watch Sligo than the stuff Shamrock Rovers have been playing this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Rather watch Sligo than the stuff Shamrock Rovers have been playing this season.

Cork haven't beaten Rovers this season and Rovers remain top of the part time clubs.

Since it was left out of the original listing...
    Bohemians :cool: v Shamrock Rovers Dalymount Park 8.00pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

all because you can't beat us? dry your eyes.

Good win up in Derry. "you will never beat the Irish" lol

Rovers v the D7 mob tommorow is an interesting one. League positions matter not a jot for these games. We are defending exceptionally well and Ndo will add that bit of spark to midfield. Rice staying is another boost. They are down both their first choice centre halves. If we get at them early, the usual abuse will spew forth from the Jodi and it could get intersting.

all because you can't beat us? dry your eyes.

Good win up in Derry. "you will never beat the Irish" lol

Rovers v the D7 mob tommorow is an interesting one. League positions matter not a jot for these games. We are defending exceptionally well and Ndo will add that bit of spark to midfield. Rice staying is another boost. They are down both their first choice centre halves. If we get at them early, the usual abuse will spew forth from the Jodi and it could get intersting.
    ONYD, you've gone and ruined it. You're being rather more circumspect than in your hilariously optimistic predictions for our last meeting. Remember them? :D
    Doing the Shamrock shuffle ............ Match poster

ONYD, you've gone and ruined it. You're being rather more circumspect than in your hilariously optimistic predictions for our last meeting. Remember them? :D
    Doing the Shamrock shuffle ............ Match poster

we made one defensive mistake, you pounced and then got your goal bombarded. even the most black and tan tinted watcher of that game would not try and claim you were worth your win. but you took your one and only chance, so be it.

• Advertisement

'Bombarded'. Is this a GAA reference? Do you want extra points for it? :D
    In football, bombarding is what you do when you have run out of ideas and are being outplayed in midfield. Please come to Dalymount and do some more of that: in the meantime, I'll Google neck-strain insurance.
    We didn't bombard your goal. Well, we did, a bit :p. But we also put the ball in it and won, contrary to the wild predictions with which you bombarded us before the game. It was a fluky old derby that anyone could have won, and we won it, with a sweetly-taken goal after your defence quite simply buckled.

'Bombarded'. Is this a GAA reference? Do you want extra points for it? :D
    In football, bombarding is what you do when you have run out of ideas and are being outplayed in midfield. Please come to Dalymount and do some more of that: in the meantime, I'll Google neck-strain insurance.
    We didn't bombard your goal. Well, we did, a bit :p. But we also put the ball in it and won, contrary to the wild predictions with which you bombarded us before the game. It was a fluky old derby that anyone could have won, and we won it, with a sweetly-taken goal after your defence quite simply buckled.

Thats my point, we played awful, yet you needed serious luck to win. Now we are playing well, you are down players and after getting uncerimoniously dumped out of Europe, I think the wobbles have set in in D7.

We will see who wins the midfield tomorrow, will we? Two players the Bowezzz tried and failed to sign in the heart of the Hooped engine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Thats my point, we played awful, yet you needed serious luck to win. Now we are playing well, you are down players and after getting uncerimoniously dumped out of Europe, I think the wobbles have set in in D7.

We will see who wins the midfield tomorrow, will we? Two players the Bowezzz tried and failed to sign in the heart of the Hooped engine. :D

Bohs are clearly alot better than Rovers to be fair. But keep dreaming.

Thats my point, we played awful, yet you needed serious luck to win.
    Well, you would say that.
    My point was that your hubris from last time out seemed to have moderated a bit, in light of your confident predictions of Hoopish glory falling flat on their face. Though that seems to be changing.

Well, you would say that.
    My point was that your hubris from last time out seemed to have moderated a bit, in light of your confident predictions of Hoopish glory falling flat on their face. Though that seems to be changing.

I would hardly call predicting a win over a mediocre and about to financially implode Bozo side a 'prediction of Hoopish glory'.

I would hardly call predicting a win over a mediocre and about to financially implode Bozo side a 'prediction of Hoopish glory'.
    Then why were you beside yourself with excitement in anticipation of it last time? :D

• Advertisement

Then why were you beside yourself with excitement in anticipation of it last time? :D

Not particularly. I was expecting a win, but the lads didn't perform. If they had, we would have gutted you. Hopefully tomorrow normal service will resume, and with your defence seriously stretched and the quality we have over you in midfield, I see no reason why not.

Two players the Bowezzz tried and failed to sign in the heart of the Hooped engine. :D
    Incidentally, who exactly are these maestros to whom you refer?

Advertisement