Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

young and solitary: interrail advice??

• 31-07-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

am jus finished school with whole load o energy n enthusiasm n nothin to do.... wanted to go interrailing for yonks. th oportunity has arisen but still think am bit young at 17. have noone to go with n whats more i dnt wanna go with any1 else.

was wonderin if any1 has gone interrailing at my age r have any advice as to going bout it...

any comments'd b much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Wait til your 18 mate, if your interested in having a few pints along the way that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Went interrailling myself at that age, and really enjoyed it. I'd recommend that you get your tickets sorted out and photocopied before you go, have enough insurance, and make sure you join an Oige so you have access to hostels. Apart from that, be flexible, make friends and have fun.

The great advantage of travelling alone is that you get to make friends everywhere you go. You have to try out your crappy language skills just to buy your breakfast. You will have a ball.

I was very broke when I was doing it, so I tended to spend every second night travelling on a night train to avoid paying for a hostel. If you can afford them, beds are good...

Advertisement