Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of the most invigorating things I've ever done....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Where do they get the money for bills, etc?

I was a bit of a no-lifer when i was playing - I played ~40 hours a week, but I also worked 40 hours, so I didn't have much time to do anything else! So much time wasted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Are there any 'Warcraft Anonynous' centres popping up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I would have sold the account to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was so tempted to do the same thing yesterday. Was riding around Ironforge, and honestly didnt want to do anything. So i logged my Lock into an AV, only to be stunned to death a few hundred times, got keyboard-smashingly angry, and was seriously considering deleting the characters.

Instead, i rolled a new character, and will level him up before WotLK. I just ****ing hate the end-game in Warcraft. So no more grinding the same pointless dungeon/bg/area for loot any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

The age old casual verus hardcore debate. I honestly don't think it requires as much effort as people think to play high end but you for sure don't have the flexiblity to dip in and out like you may like. Please note I'm not talking about the very high end pushing for world firsts etc. But to see end game content.

My guild is 3/6 Sunwell and has been for a while (hit bad by the Euro's and then the Summer). Holidays are finishing up now so we hope to get back on track and wrap up the content before Wotlk. We raid 4 days 7-11 GMT (sometimes slightly later if pushing) Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs of which a member is expected to make 3. I do Sun, Mon, Wed typically. You're looking at about 5 hours a raid night then coupled with a few hours a week somewhere to have the necessary materials for raid. Its doable if you want basically if you can find the right guild. I would consider 4 out of 5 though more typical for a Sunwell guild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Where do they get the money for bills, etc?

Were on m'uru in sunwell we raid 3 hours mon-thurs and sunday and i have a full time job 9-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

KilOit wrote: »
    Were on m'uru in sunwell we raid 3 hours mon-thurs and sunday and i have a full time job 9-5

I don't think the problem is affording to play the game. People want to leave to return to a normal* social life. Return to hobbies they had before the game etc. It is fairly easy to play endgame material and have a full time job. It's alot harder to play endgame material, work 40+ hours a week and maintain a good social life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiith wrote: »
    Instead, i rolled a new character, and will level him up before WotLK. I just ****ing hate the end-game in Warcraft. So no more grinding the same pointless dungeon/bg/area for loot any more.

This.

I hate the end-game now though i do enough dungeons. Too much epic fever tbh. I got slated last week when i joined a heroic BF group because I wasn't in tier/badge loot on my druid. He had only dinged a week or two before hand. Catch 22 at work. I'm looking forward to wotlk and leveling a DK.

also end game can be as time consuming as you allow it. I have a friend who refused to even think about raiding pre-tbc. He always said he wanted a life and not to focus on the game all the time. He's in a BT guild now and if he can do it casually others can too, just might take awhile to find the guild. Though he is a mage, might be different for more limited spot roles like MT/OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Like any hobby, WoW takes up as much or as little time as you allow it. You get out what you put into it, perception of reality is more important than reality itself and at the end of the day - only you can be responsible for how nerdy you are.

Deleting characters, is like smokers putting all their cigarettes in the bin the night before they quit. The next morning you are still just rumaging around, trying to find one that isnt covered in dog food and ketchup.

If you really wanted to quit, you'd quit. No e-drama, just "cya guys - I need a break". Still, it makes for some fun threads, imho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Rerolling new characters is so much more time consuming than end game raiding. Having a character @ lvl 70 can experience PvP, raiding and other things casually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

dont play it as much as i used too but ill log on if a guildy hits me up on msn that the need me(im one of the main locks in my guild)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Drank a bottle of wine last Oct/Nov..and decided to quit.

No bye bye message to guild..nada...pure Cold Turkey like I have done on EQ..DAOC and other games.

Threw the table chairs outside and connected the PC it to my TV.

Havent played a PC game since.

Have watched a lot of Youtube and movies on my TV though.

Was in Metamorphosis..a dastardly Rogue.

Glaskopft.

Hay Glaskopt :)

I used to be Sou o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I know Ivan..you playing anything at the moment?.

Well my daddy left home when I was three
    And he didn't leave much to ma and me
    Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
    Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
    But the meanest thing that he ever did
    Was before he left, he went and named me "Sou."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

johnny cash..classic

Nemesis wrote: »
    I know Ivan..you playing anything at the moment?.

Well my daddy left home when I was three
    And he didn't leave much to ma and me
    Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
    Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
    But the meanest thing that he ever did
    Was before he left, he went and named me "Sou."
    My name is 'Sou', how do you do!?

Raided with a prot pala. Then set up mage as a pvp alt. Then went through a phase of playing my rogue, got it up to 1800ish rating in season 3... now I'm rerolling a resto druid. Still dont know what I'll play in Wrath, prot pala again is most likely atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Come back Glask ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

I know a good few people who have quit, some who deleted gear and characters, many of those people have returned however. Its ironic that there last act when they quit was to get rid of all the stuff they grinded so hard for, only to come back and having to grind it all back. Its great drama for the forums, and it might give you a bit of a rush, but its really just pointless, you probably enjoyed most of your wow playtime, but the period towards the end just coloured the rest of your experiance badly.

Advertisement