Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levy in Russia to tie up Arshaven ?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Word on a few other boards is that Levy has travelled to Russia to finalise the Arsehaven deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Do we actually need him?, I think we have enough. Just a striker left me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Nexus wrote: »
    Do we actually need him?, I think we have enough. Just a striker left me thinks!

Joke right - we play Bent on his own upfront all season - ah NO!!

We need Payulchenko as well - Berba bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

galinka wrote: »
    Joke right - we play Bent on his own upfront all season - ah NO!!

We need Payulchenko as well - Berba bye bye.
    What he said was we don't need "asre shavin", but do need another striker. So Bent would not be on his own all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 aidodo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

aidodo wrote: »

tut tut.

I hope that Ramos had Zenits permission to give Arseshaving a call! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Nexus wrote: »

Nexus

We do need more cover upfront and we are short a DM and cover for CB (given that two of the three are King and Woodgate ;))

I believe Veloso and Colchinni (sic) have been mentioned as active targets, according to ITKs on the message boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

from bbc.co.uk

Tottenham end Arshavin interest
    By Saj Chowdhury & Sam Lyon

Andrei Arshavin
    Arshavin remains keen on a move

Tottenham have decided against pursuing their interest in Russia star Andrei Arshavin, BBC Sport understands.

Zenit St Petersburg were reported to have rejected an bid from Spurs, while the the 27-year-old's agent was hopeful Arshavin would move to White Hart Lane.

But a source close to Spurs insisted the club had not made a bid for Arshavin and that they were now turning their attention to other targets.

Arshavin has been linked with Arsenal, Barcelona and Chelsea since Euro 2008.

Arshavin's Russia team-mate Roman Pavlyuchenko is believed to be one of the players Spurs are interested in.

The £15m-rated Spartak Moscow striker is said to have had talks with the club last week.

On Thursday, Arshavin's agent Dennis Lachter said he was confident his client would be playing for Juande Ramos' side next season.

"It is my prediction that Arshavin is going to be a Tottenham player this season," Lachter told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"He just rejected a huge, huge offer to renew his contract for another five years. He would like to leave for the Premier League."

In July, Arshavin's hopes of a dream move to Barcelona collapsed after the Catalan side also failed to meet Zenit's valuation for their prize asset.

Arshavin was suspended for Russia's opening two games at Euro 2008, but on his return helped the national team to the semi-finals, scoring two goals en route, while 26-year-old Pavlyuchenko scored three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Looks like thats the end of it then.pity if it is.

tippspur wrote: »
    Looks like thats the end of it then.pity if it is.

Tippspur

Would not read too much into that just yet. The sequence of events appears to be:

1) Zenit and Spurs agree £15m
    2) Spurs allowed to talk to player
    3) Terms agreed with player
    4) Zenit up the price to £20m
    5) Spurs go to Russia (apparently) to negotiate
    6) Megaphone now used (BBC leak)

My tuppence is that we will still get him early next week ;)

Nice result tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

things have gone very quiet as you have suggested jolly. nothing being said by anyone on the deal lately. fingers crossed that the deal will go through. I read that Pavlyuchenko has said he wouldn't like to join Spurs.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3905202,00.html

Think there are better strikers out there anyway. Imagine if we could pair berbs with Arshaven. That would be brilliant....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

jolly wrote: »
    Tippspur

Would not read too much into that just yet. The sequence of events appears to be:

1) Zenit and Spurs agree £15m
    2) Spurs allowed to talk to player
    3) Terms agreed with player
    4) Zenit up the price to £20m
    5) Spurs go to Russia (apparently) to negotiate
    6) Megaphone now used (BBC leak)

My tuppence is that we will still get him early next week ;)

Nice result tonight :D
    HOPE YOUR RIGHT AND I'M WRONG.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

As featued on F365 Arsharvin has gone on Strike due to the dealings from Zenit. This looks likely to mess up the entire deal but what I take from that is something I have thought and heard about him is that he is trouble and aa proper prima donna. This has confirmed this big time and I wonder about having him in the same team as Berb. They might just decide at half time to go to Barcelona instead.

Great player.

IS HE WORTH THE HASSLE?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I don't want a player who is that much of a prick tbh.

His agent seems likes a complete trouble maker, how long before he'd be agitating for a big move to a top 4 side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

I don't want a player who is that much of a prick tbh.

His agent seems likes a complete trouble maker, how long before he'd be agitating for a big move to a top 4 side?

100% agree with there. Leave him **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Looks like AA is desperatly trying to force the hand of Zenit. He has publicly stated his desire to join us here

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3948330,00.html

I Dont think this move will happen until Zenit sign a replacement...Apparently they are interested in a player called Danny from another russin club... more on that here....

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=508800

Fingers Crossed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

theduffer wrote: »
    Looks like AA is desperatly trying to force the hand of Zenit. He has publicly stated his desire to join us here

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3948330,00.html

I Dont think this move will happen until Zenit sign a replacement...Apparently they are interested in a player called Danny from another russin club... more on that here....

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=508800

Fingers Crossed.....

Very interesting, you could well be right!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 seanson

Hopefully old "news". I don't see why we should be so interested in a striker that doesn't actually score many goals. Villa is worth at least twice Arshavin.

seanson wrote: »
    Hopefully old "news". I don't see why we should be so interested in a striker that doesn't actually score many goals. Villa is worth at least twice Arshavin.

Seanson, time will tell about his goal getting. At club level he scored 47 from 212 which is "1 in 4" ish, but his form for Russia is better - 13 from 37, "1 in 3". Hard to know where he was asked to play during the club games, e.g. Rooney at Manyoo last year.

However if he replicates his form for Zenit last year and the Euro form, then he is more than a good replacement for Robbie "I will stay at Spurs for the rest of my career" Keane. Better than RK, IMHO.

Alas, Villa is out of our league at the moment. We need to playing CL football to get the really top notch strikers :mad: However Villa is not even under consideration if Berba stays, which is becoming more and more promising ;)

Advertisement