Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 or Citroen C5?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Mazda6_L239_EU_800x600.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

regedit wrote: »
    any idea if Mazda Ireland are planning to import the 2.0 Diesel in the Sport Trim? At present Executive SE seems to be the highest trim available for the diesel.

read my previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Táck wrote: »
    read my previous post

Sorry for missing that.
    I actually emailed Mazda Ireland today with the same question. Not even bluetooth is standard in exec se version and as you say the 16" alloys are small for the car! Hope that changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

regedit wrote: »
    Sorry for missing that.
    I actually emailed Mazda Ireland today with the same question. Not even bluetooth is standard in exec se version and as you say the 16" alloys are small for the car! Hope that changes.

It's a stupid decision by Mazda. Can't see there being marketing reasons (when the 120bhp petrol gets it). I presume the 2.2d will be available in Sports spec though.

Let us know if Mazda Ireland respond. I emailed them about it when changing - got no response:rolleyes:
    bazz26 wrote: »
    If I was in the market for either of these cars I'd seriously consider the Subaru Legacy 2.0 Boxer Diesel. A hell of alot of car for €30/31k and still a pretty rare site on Irish roads.

The way I feel at the moment I'd happily swap in my Legacy diesel for a 2.2 Mazda 6 in Sports spec. :(

• Advertisement

pburns wrote: »
    It's a stupid decision by Mazda. Can't see there being marketing reasons (when the 120bhp petrol gets it). I presume the 2.2d will be available in Sports spec though.

Let us know if Mazda Ireland respond. I emailed them about it when changing - got no response:rolleyes:

The way I feel at the moment I'd happily swap in my Legacy diesel for a 2.2 Mazda 6 in Sports spec. :(

Will do. Táck seems to think there is a chance. I would not be mad for a 2.2 l diesel (unless itis a new engine) as the 2 l has sufficient power.
    We seem to get lower than usual spec cars in this country. Yaris used to come with standsrd a/c throughoutthe continent while here only the Sol with the luxurty pack had it so had to go with it for better half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

dont all jump off ur chairs at once but im pretty sure the new 2.2 engine will be at least 170 brake.

dont get me started on the specsa we get over here. afaik there isnt even an exec spec in england. se is the poverty pack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

pburns wrote: »

Why? What happened your Legacy?

Spoke to Mazda Ireland today. They are looking into having a 2.0 L Diesel with the Sports trim (the same applies to the 2.2 Diesel) but they have not made any definite decisions. They have the 2.0 only in Exec SE because of the VRT etc that was in place until recently. The guy said that he would keep me posted but that he does not think anything will happen before January 2009

Advertisement