Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heres the real question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Peleus wrote: »
    whats the story with the new off licence laws? they stop serving at 10pm! gay. what time do the pubs close?

Since it's a weekday probably 11.30.

Piste wrote: »

I think you can get carryouts from the pup after 10pm....not sure how legal it is tho!

It's not legal.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

No I think it's 10pm whatever day it is. I saw a sign up in my local centra and offie that said "from the 30th of July 2008 it will be illegal to sell alcohol from 10pm" no mention of a weekend/weekday difference :(

No I think it's 10pm whatever day it is. I saw a sign up in my local centra and offie that said "from the 30th of July 2008 it will be illegal to sell alcohol from 10pm" no mention of a weekend/weekday difference :(

Are you talking about my 11.30 answer? That was in answer to what time pubs close at on a weekday.

Oh right, thought you were talkin about off-licenses!

Seriously?! I thought they could stay open till 12:30? I was in a pub last monday (bank holiday monday though...) and left around 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm working for feck sakes :rolleyes: Didn't even think of asking for work off. Sure I'm repeating so going out with all of them doesn't really appeal to me this year. Might go out aftr work at midnightish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Seriously?! I thought they could stay open till 12:30? I was in a pub last monday (bank holiday monday though...) and left around 12.
    Yeah... does thursday count as a weekday? Because I've definitely left Fibbers later than 12.30... I guess it's sort of a night club. Sort of.

Yeah Fibbers has a late license for some reason (I think their usual eh...clientele fear the daylight or something...) so can stay open till 2.30, but pups with regular licenses have to close at 12.30.
    No that's a big no-no too. Would have been a good loop hole though.

Yeah thought it might have been somewhat illegal, but I saw some guy get hooch from the pub last week, the bartender was glancing around pretty furtively too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Pubs are fun. But expensive.

You can get a 24 pack of 250ml bottles in Lidl for only €10. Back of the net.

• Advertisement
Advertisement