Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a second hand / used bike?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Since my bike was stolen the other week...I've given up hope to never see it again...I'm gonna get a second hand bike this time.

Looking for a ladies bike, since I don't want the bike stolen again I'm going for a second hand one instead. The cheaper the better =)

Does anyone know of any bike shops that sell second hand bikes? Preferably under 100? Yeah, it's not much but I don't want to risk having another bike stolen...

Any ideas on where to get one, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 booms mcd

try a garda auction that come up every so often. good deals at them. usually auction is advertised in local papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Try gumtree.ie or advert.ie or even buy and sell.

Good luck, I let you know if I see anything on the 'boards' in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

This is the Ladies Bikes section os the Buy & Sell :)
    http://www.buyandsell.ie/browse.php?m=24&s=24&g=00328

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Zmarchie

Can't find any info about when the garda auction is??
    Doesn't seem to happen that often.

Caroline, thanks for the link, will check out and maybe I will find a new bike soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Im in the same situation, had my 6 month old bike taken from outside my house during the night.

Contacted the Gardai about any auctions and they said they have none planned. Ads in Buy and sell are fairly non descriptive so if anyone has any more ideas let us know! thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Eileen the fence ftw:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Zmarchie

Might actually find our stolen bikes there...and take them back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

If you hear anything more about the auctions (or the bike!) let me know!

Advertisement