Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The band philtre

Options
  • 31-07-2008 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

was in kerry at the weekend saw a band philtre gig, these r gonna be huge, cant believe i seen them 4 a fiver,check it out seriously

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MacMac

Saw these guys at the village here in dublin recently and they're absolutely fantastic,great live band with good straight to the point songs,cant wait to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

After checking out their myspace, they sound decent enough
    http://www.myspace.com/philtremusic

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mobro5

Just visited the myspace and ive gotta be honest here,not the most original band but what they lack in originality they make up for big time with songwriting,love bullitt from nowhere and one stepahead,its great and refreshing to hear bands going back to basics instead of all the weird stuff at the moment,will definately catch them when there in my neck of the woods

I just have to say im really getting into this band with each listen, every song is better than most of the music coming out of Ireland at the moment, definately a band to watch for the future.Keep it up Philter.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Ok this is getting to be a bit outrageous, are ye guys in the bloody band or what?

• Advertisement

In fact im not in this band,as you can see i didnt start this thread,and secondly i dont even know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Ya they played in the abbey I missed them.There very professional good musicians.One of there songs is used in the sunday sport programme on rte so i hear.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dub4ever

ya i think that was the name of the venue, pity u missed it cos it was a really good gig, the venue was full so do they have good support down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MacMac

Far better than any band I have heard recently. According to their myspace the song Bullitt From Nowhere was aired on Setanta Sports...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dub4ever

That song Paper Thin REALLY ROCKS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Have seen these guys many times live, they do absolutely nothing for me. Don't stand out from the crowd at all. Not sure what the fuss is about, if there is any fuss that is.

Advertisement