Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gta coming to the ds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

its great, i cant wait, it will give me something to do in work:D. killing people on the move is always a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

:eek: That's unreal, GTA1 style I'd imagine. For once, I'm glade I've a dust catching Nintendo DS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

any screenshots?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

They already replicated the original GTA pretty much entirely back on the GBC (which was staggering), so I would be expecting something a little more that that.

No screen shots yet, just that splash page.

They already replicated the original GTA pretty much entirely back on the GBC (which was staggering), so I would be expecting something a little more that that.

No screen shots yet, just that splash page.
    Nah, I taught the one on the GBC was a bit of a cop up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This is the first GTA on a nintendo console correct??A gta on the wii would be amazing IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Zonda999 wrote: »
    This is the first GTA on a nintendo console correct??A gta on the wii would be amazing IMO

Nope, Grand Theft Auto - Advance came out for the GBA a few years ago which looked a lot like GTA 2.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Zonda999 wrote: »

What would be amazing about a Wii GTA ??

Seriously, i can't think of one thing about it that would make it as good as or better than the PS3 and 360 GTAIV

Waggling the wiimote around isn't enough to make something amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Jesus! that's a bit unexpected. Here's hoping it doesn't look like vomit on a screen graphics-wise! Ninja Gaiden DS looks pretty good though so you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bizzare that this is coming out on a console by "family-friendly" nintendo. this could be a move on nintendo's part to get away from kiddie-console problems (they're selling bazillions of wii's, but no games) and getting into the "hardcore" market. could be a good tester.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Nailz wrote: »
    Nah, I taught the one on the GBC was a bit of a cop up!

Well admitedally I never played it. But, according to Wikipedia

"The Game Boy Color version [of GTA1] was technologically unabridged, which was quite a technical achievement due to the sheer size of the cities, converted tile-for-tile from the PC original, making them many times larger than most Game Boy Color game worlds were because of the handheld's limited hardware. To cater for the target younger generation, however, the game was heavily censored, with gore and swearing removed."

Maybe censorship in such a game is unfortunate, but replicating the cities in their entirety is unarguably impressive on the Gameboy Colour. (Not GBA)

Nah it didn't really touch GTA1, it wasn't that good of a game. But some might complain that it was fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Nailz wrote: »
    Nah it didn't really touch GTA1, it wasn't that good of a game. But some might complain that it was fun.

i got it when it was released on ps1 because i had heard of it on pc, and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. the graphics, even for the time, were far below par, but the freedom the game allowed was unreal. GTA2 was a far better technical achievement, but the goodness just meant that you longed for a 3d version... which was long rumoured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

i got it when it was released on ps1 because i had heard of it on pc, and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. the graphics, even for the time, were far below par, but the freedom the game allowed was unreal. GTA2 was a far better technical achievement, but the goodness just meant that you longed for a 3d version... which was long rumoured.

+1 for that! they were both deadly games! GTAII had the whole gang popularity thing which was class (the more you did for one, the more the others hated you!) Funnily enough, i don't think i ever finished any of the first 2 games....

I miss the kill frenzies/rampages!!

Advertisement