Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Queen + Paul Rodgers New Album

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

haha love the title

not a bad song either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Yea its pretty cool...the backing vocals are a bit annoying though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i think they realised the tour dates but no ireland date. maybe they are waiting for O2 to open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

yeah,i like that,hope the rest of the tracks on the album are as good as this,definitely something to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

"Say it's not true" has to be one of the worst, most cringworthy songs I've ever heard and "C-lebrity" is an embarassment.

• Advertisement

I dunno, what about their other cheesy hits, breakthru, its a hard life, the great pretender, actually anything off Queen 3 and most of Queen 2. I like those songs though cos I like cheesy music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Queens last rocking track was One Vision everything after that was wierdly mushy/cheesy and glossy.

Mike.

innuendo was good imo, and these are the days of our lives...I used to dislike the latter but grew to like it as its reflective and fairly honest as songs go, it has a nice atmosphere to it as well, bittersweet I guess. The Kind of Magic album had some glossy songs on it though it had some great tracks too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Counting down the days TBH, have tickets booked for their Liverpool gig and first London gig at the O2 arena.

Like the Simpson's movie, I would never expect something that will change the face of music and influence our generation, although I'm sure there'll be a few cracking Bri riffs along the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think Paul Rodgers is an absolutely terrific singer, but going by that terrible C-lebrity song, I doubt I'll be buying the new album. It's like an even worse version of Rock Star, and honestly, having one of the most iconic Rock bands of all time singing about how they want to be on TV is just pathetic.

I'm a huge, life long fan of Queen, but barring the prospects of seeing them live and getting to hear some classics, none of this has me excited. I'd dearly loved to be proved wrong, and that the rest of the songs on the album will be absolute crackers, but no way am I getting my hopes up.

• Advertisement

well the least you can hope for is that it will be cheesy, thats all Im looking forward to, I like everything by Queen, including the really bad stuff like The Miracle, what a brilliantly awful song!

well the least you can hope for is that it will be cheesy, thats all Im looking forward to, I like everything by Queen, including the really bad stuff like The Miracle, what a brilliantly awful song!

Believe it or not, The Miracle is Brian May's favourite song!!!

Yeah there'll be cheese guaranteed interspersed with some new stuff I imagine. Judging by the last tour (which had me in tears btw - that empty seat next to Bri on Love of My Life and '39), there'll be plenty to look forward to.

christeb wrote: »
    Believe it or not, The Miracle is Brian May's favourite song!!!

Yeah there'll be cheese guaranteed interspersed with some new stuff I imagine. Judging by the last tour (which had me in tears btw - that empty seat next to Bri on Love of My Life and '39), there'll be plenty to look forward to.

yeah, I read that too somewhere

He recently finished off his phd on zodiacal light, very intelligent dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

bit ****e, i have to say.

Track Listing has just been released: www.brianmay.com (incidentally his Soapbox is one of my favourites pages on the 'net)

Advertisement