Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got a new case

• 31-07-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭

An update from my old Need a new case thread, I got a CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000, which came with a Cooler Master 850W PSU.

Click the pictures for a better view.

The empty case, and the cables
    th_1_contents_small.jpg

Comparing the size of the old case to the new one
    th_2_Compare_side_small.jpg
    th_3_compare_top_small.jpg

The front with all the stuff plugged in. Nice cable management system.
    th_6_finish_front_small.jpg

Where I shoved some of the cables
    th_5_finish_back_small.jpg

There was this thing that fitted over the graphics cards. The "negative pressure" is meant to suck out the hot air from the graphics card, it seems:pac:
    th_7_front_card_cooler_thing_small.jpg

This compares the new and old case, side by side, showing how cable free the new case is.
    th_4_new-old_compare_small.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

that thing for cooling the graphics card is a bit pointless most of the heat in pc's come from the cpu. Very nice tho, and there is some size difference.
    This is mine. actually was going to mod my 360 simular to his one. im not sure about the design but was going to go for a red and black designNZXT%20LEXA%20BLACKLINE%20SPANEL%20RED%20LED.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ricochet69 wrote: »
    that thing for cooling the graphics card is a bit pointless most of the heat in pc's come from the cpu. Very nice tho, and there is some size difference.
    This is mine. actually was going to mod my 360 simular to his one. im not sure about the design but was going to go for a red and black design

Lol :rolleyes: No they dont. Most heat generated comes from the graphics card. Unless you have an old pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Anti wrote: »
    Lol :rolleyes: No they dont. Most heat generated comes from the graphics card. Unless you have an old pc.

Not according to this
    A system's CPU cooler is the most important cooling component in a PC since, the vast majority of the time, the component which generates the most heat inside your PC is your CPU;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

mordeith wrote: »
    Not according to this
    A system's CPU cooler is the most important cooling component in a PC since, the vast majority of the time, the component which generates the most heat inside your PC is your CPU;

If the pc happens to be a normal system and not a gaming system. The second it becomes a gaming system with a good gfx card, the gfx card produces more heat. Its all in the amount of power they draw the cpu would pull down anywhere from 80-130 watts, a gfx can pull down upwards of 300watts. That translates directly to heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

V nice looking case there syco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jesus those are massive. Here I'd prefer something more along the lines of

0,1425,i=171193,00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

My e6600 is between 40C and 50C depending on loads.

My 8800gtx is usually around 69C idle.

The cpu cooler _IS_ the most important cooler tho' as otherwise you'll have a pc that wont boot for longer than 2 mins. (Intel auto shutdown thingy)

as for cases.. Mine ^_^

Stacker 832

stacker832.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

If the pc happens to be a normal system and not a gaming system. The second it becomes a gaming system with a good gfx card, the gfx card produces more heat. Its all in the amount of power they draw the cpu would pull down anywhere from 80-130 watts, a gfx can pull down upwards of 300watts. That translates directly to heat.

yeah i agree with this , except that a NORMAL gfx pulls much much less , the power crazy 2900XT tops at about 260 , 4870 is 30w or so less At full Load , in comparison a Quad maybe sucks 130 max. most Gfx air is Exhausted out the case , while unless you have a duct the cpu cooler just barfs it at the direction of the rear

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭kingofbeers

I think this is a great case especially for gaming. I just built a pc and used it. it is a wee bit big but worth it. 3 120mm fans 2 at front and one on top.great for keeping system cool. also great for cable management.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=49XS&CategorySelectedId=11145&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11145

video review
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL_OhZipul8&feature=related

Advertisement