Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Nails

Options
  • 31-07-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

for those of you who are like myself with no nails. what do you think of them? do you find it difficult to do things with them on? do they ever stay on for you??

me put them on for my hols. every time i put them on they never stay on for me:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Don't like them - too WAG-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I pick at my nails all the time, and have always had them short. I never polish them or anything. Back in February, I went to an event and got fake nails for the first time. I got the gel nails. They looked nice, but it was strange. I had to get used to typing, and immediately after getting my nails done, I had a slice of pizza, so that was another adventure - how to eat food with your hands and keep the nails nice!
    They eventually came off, and while they were very pretty, I don't think it's worth spending the money on to keep up with them. Short nails are much more convenient . :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Here's a solution to your problem from a male perspective

075353068816E_4.jpg

It's ok, I'm already getting my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

im not a nail person. they get quite long but im too lazy to shape them or varnish them. definitely wouldnt be bothered with fake nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

As a guy I tried fake nails, and on other occasions grew my own long , found them seriously disadvantageous, very difficult to type and hard to keep clean....do admire them a lot in women but they are no doubt high maintenance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Filan wrote: »
    As a guy I tried fake nails

You what???? Why in god's name would you want to do that? :confused:

I hate fake nails. I was only talking to a friend about this last night. She asked me my opinion and was shocked how much I hated them. They just never look classy ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I got the acrylic kind while in the US, payed $22, there's no way I'd pay the extortionate prices for them here! They stayed on no problem and looked very well(I opted for them to be a little shorter than the average length, so they looked a bit more realistic). They're fun and I enjoyed the look they gave my hands, but I play instruments so wouldn't get them again unless on holiday. Good fun while they lasted though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I hate them. Even if I had stubs for nails (which thankfully I dont) I wouldn't wear them. YUK..

How the hell would you put a tampon in with the stupid things anyway:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

When I had mine, they were cut at a length that was weird for me (because I normally do have stubs for nails) but generally workable. I don't understand how some women get on with the really long nails like these:

longnails.jpg

Not only do they look like talons, it must be a complete inconvenience. How do you do anything with those?

I also don't understand the crazy colors some women paint their nails. When I had my fake nails, I had them do a simple American manicure (similar to French, but more natural). The woman next to me, however, had them painting her nails white with a thick stripe of neon orange and a thinner stripe of neon green. It was really ugly and went horribly with her complexion (she was blonde). I just didn't get it. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement