Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a small network

Options
  • 31-07-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi Guys

My problem (among many others) is the following

1. I have 3 pc's. All connected via Netgear hub/switch.

2. Ive created the same workgroup on all 3 pc's.

3. Ive enable shared folders on all 3 pc's.

Here's where it gets wierd

4. Two of the pc's talk to each other and have no problems communicating

5. The third pc (the laptop) can see and communicate with the other two but for some reason the the other two wont communicate or see the laptop

its very strange. ive checked ip address - subnet masks etc and all seems fine. i cant explain why the laptop can see my other two pcs but not the other way around.

The laptop can even access the internet via the internet connection on my main pc.

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

HOB-it wrote: »
    Hi Guys

My problem (among many others) is the following

1. I have 3 pc's. All connected via Netgear hub/switch.

2. Ive created the same workgroup on all 3 pc's.

3. Ive enable shared folders on all 3 pc's.

Here's where it gets wierd

4. Two of the pc's talk to each other and have no problems communicating

5. The third pc (the laptop) can see and communicate with the other two but for some reason the the other two wont communicate or see the laptop

its very strange. ive checked ip address - subnet masks etc and all seems fine. i cant explain why the laptop can see my other two pcs but not the other way around.

The laptop can even access the internet via the internet connection on my main pc.

Any ideas guys?

Do SMB shares exist on the laptop?
    Can you ping between all the nodes?
    Are there any personal firewalls installed?

Advertisement