Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied for license

Options
  • 31-07-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Well just thought I would let you all know I applied for my firearm license so we will see where it goes from here. The garda that walked me through the application was very helpful, she was going to drop the application on the firearm officers desk so have to wait to hear back. Was told it might be longer than normal because they were dealing with renewals which is fair enough. I am hoping that since they are doing the renewals that mine will be more appealing to process because they are doing a batch.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks to everyone who offered information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Paid for my CZ 223 varmint today and applying to the Kilkenny station on Sunday. I think I'm one of the first to apply for a 223 since the new Super arrived.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

midlouth wrote: »
    Well just thought I would let you all know I applied for my firearm license so we will see where it goes from here. The garda that walked me through the application was very helpful, she was going to drop the application on the firearm officers desk so have to wait to hear back. Was told it might be longer than normal because they were dealing with renewals which is fair enough. I am hoping that since they are doing the renewals that mine will be more appealing to process because they are doing a batch.

Best of luck with it Midlouth. Sounds like your local garda are on ball. Well worth the wait. Hope you get your cert soon.

Heckler.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

The best of luck to the both of ye guys..

midlouth wrote: »

Hi MidLouth, what gun did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I applied for an additional shotgun on around this time last year and got to collect it the last week in October. The delay was put down to renewals and in fairness the guard did state that it was a bad time to be applying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

clivej wrote: »
    Hi MidLouth, what gun did you get?

I bought a Silma M80 Sporter.

M80-sporting.jpg

Happy with the gun, got some good advice that it would be a good gun to start off on and learn the ropes.

Best of luck and happy shooting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

looks bloody nice! fair play, seems like you were pointed in the right direction! happy shooting with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bobby_1

think i got lucky with my F.O. if thats the case bought me first guns only 3weeks ago put in for licence 2weeks ago. he came to me house last week to look at the gunsafe and told me i'd have me license in 2weeks time. dont think thats too bad for someone who hasnt had a licence before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Bobby_1 wrote: »
    think i got lucky with my F.O. if thats the case bought me first guns only 3weeks ago put in for licence 2weeks ago. he came to me house last week to look at the gunsafe and told me i'd have me license in 2weeks time. dont think thats too bad for someone who hasnt had a licence before.

hi bobby same happen for me first license i am in mayo:D best of luck with it:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Got a call from FO, wanted to know if I had a safe in place. I told him that I intended to buy a safe once I got approval for a licence, which he seemed to accept. Seemed like a nice enough guy, answered all my questions. Told me it was a busy time for them and that it would most likely take a month for it to go through. My local station is now under a different district so he couldn't tell me a whole lot about the Super there, and that it would basically come down to him but he couldn't see any problems arising.

Advertisement