Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn of War II

Options
  • 01-08-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Imagine a game that takes Dawn of War, mixes it with Company of Heroes, removes base building altogether and adds RPG elements. If you can paint that puzzling picture in your mind, you'll have Dawn of War 2.
    The above is from an article here.
    I had seen the trailer and its pretty but this new tactical, no base combat mixed with rpg elements sounds really good. Roll on Spring 2009.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

RPGS ? Pity they cannot make it go FPS with you being able to possess your commander or something and do it fps style !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yeah if you have a look at the article it goes on about xp and level and items and stuff. The more interesting thing though is the "boss battle" where he said the commander gets used as a tank so the other units can kill the boss.
    The Eldar trailer looks pretty god damn cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

It's relic, it's 40k and it's Dawn of War... it's bound to be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Zavvi in Dundrum are selling the complete dawn of war series for 25 euro, thats all four games in a boxset for 25 euro, they are selling soulstorm on it's own for 30 euro. How patently daft is that, I pointed it out to them in the hope they would give me 10 or 15 off the price of Soulstorm but no, those are the prices and theres nothing can be done about it, retards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

MooseJam wrote: »
    Zavvi in Dundrum are selling the complete dawn of war series for 25 euro, thats all four games in a boxset for 25 euro, they are selling soulstorm on it's own for 30 euro. How patently daft is that, I pointed it out to them in the hope they would give me 10 or 15 off the price of Soulstorm but no, those are the prices and theres nothing can be done about it, retards

Its probably more to do with an over abundance of copies of the complete collection than anything. Still a good deal for €25.

And yeah I heard that this will be more similar to Ground Control than other RTS games, having to use tactics more than just attack moving to enemy base (so I am pretty screwed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

hmm sounds interesting

Advertisement