Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry to Throw Himself Out of a Plane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Love him or hate him ..... that rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

That is actually pretty intense. I'll definitley check that out!

Off topic: Hey dib!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Kieth Barry to Throw Himself Out of a Plane

Good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Please tell me there's no parachute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Here's hoping the straight jacket does its job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

pics of him hitting the ground = epic win

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

*Reads title, gets hopes up. Opens title, hopes dashed like an incautious illusionist*

Hey, I did alliteration, go me!

Great escape though. Wish I'd thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Popinjay wrote: »
    *Reads title, gets hopes up. Opens title, hopes dashed like an incautious illusionist*

Hey, I did alliteration, go me!

Great escape though. Wish I'd thought of it.
    Well if you're lucky, he'll be unlucky. Then you can perform the stunt that killed Kieth Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

King Mob wrote: »
    In a straightjacket
    http://itricks.com/news/?p=4061
    awesome.

Great TED talk with Keith also on that page. That last trick is very impressive.

• Advertisement

Well if you're lucky, he'll be unlucky. Then you can perform the stunt that killed Kieth Barry.

That would be awesome.

I'd have to make it more difficult too, just to really milk the angle. Do it from a lower flying plane so you have less time for the escape or something - still high enough to cause serious injury or death though.

Since I keep mentioning that I don't really perform anymore, just design stuff... Any volunteers?

No?

Fine, I'll do it myself. And none of you can have my stuff if it goes wrong.:p

Lads I dont mind people expressing their opinions on what Keith Barry does but can we please keep from wishing death on the guy? Its kind of reminding me of all the personal abuse directed at radio presenters over on the radio forum and thats lead to all sorts of nastiness.

If you want to get across what you dont like about KB then do so with some reasons.

That would be awesome.

I'd have to make it more difficult too, just to really milk the angle. Do it from a lower flying plane so you have less time for the escape or something - still high enough to cause serious injury or death though.

Since I keep mentioning that I don't really perform anymore, just design stuff... Any volunteers?

No?

Yay! Now I can do the trick that killed Kieth Barry and Popinjay.:p
    Now to actually learn to escape from a straitjacket.

But I didn't start the thread cause I don't like Kieth Barry, he's a fine magician, but rather because that would be an awesome trick.

But I didn't start the thread cause I don't like Kieth Barry, he's a fine magician, but rather because that would be an awesome trick.

I understand that, people seem to be focusing on their dislike for him rather than whats set to be a decent escape.

6th wrote: »
    I understand that, people seem to be focusing on their dislike for him rather than whats set to be a decent escape.

A fair point Herr Moderator. Apologies. The trick itself does sound amazing and I am a teensy bit jealous that I didn't think of it.

Whatever I think of his performance skills, that's no call to go wishing he plummets to his doom. And by all accounts, he's not a bad bloke either. Friendly like!

Nothing new here....Dean Gunnarson did this exact stunt(It's one of his signature pieces) and a few different riskier variations on tv back in the mid 90's.....He had a couple of specials that were quite popular and aired on Itv at the time

Can't stand Keith Barry to be honest,I've yet to see him come up with anything even remotely original or entertaining...and I've a feeling this will be no different

Well to be honest there's only so much you can do with an act like "jump out of a plane in a straitjacket"
    Not exactly a twist coming in the end is there?

Well to be honest there's only so much you can do with an act like "jump out of a plane in a straitjacket"
    Not exactly a twist coming in the end is there?

I haven't seen Gunnarson do it but there is indeed always a way to change something even this straight forward. I'd put €10 on the fat that something will plummet into the ground and as the crowd look on shocked oul' Keithy will appear somewhere else to gasps and applause.

Might not happen but that just strikes me as his probable style for performing this trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'd be surprised if he did that and would expect to see him descend all the way and now just appear on the ground.

Thinking about it, I'd say it's a lot safer than it looks, I think I may have figured it out, bar the obvious managing to slip out of the jacket Houdini style. Despite what you may think, it'd also be an easy trick to practice away from public eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

6th wrote: »
    Off topic: Hey dib!

Off topic: Hey 6th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

That would be awesome.

No?

design me the escape, and i might do it :p

zuroph wrote: »
    design me the escape, and i might do it :p
    Huzzah!
    Now I can do the escape that killed Keith Barry, Popinjay and Zuroph. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I must get around to doing the "second sight" trick, on a bike or snowboard or something!

Advertisement