Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busker arrested on Grafton Street today about half 4. Any info ?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what happened that led to a man being arrested on Grafton Street this afternoon (or yesterday afternoon as it were!). I only got there as he was put into the Garda car (with 3 officers) and a Garda van drove up from suffolk Street (with full siren and lights).

I think he was a busker , there was a guitar, mic and other busker gear left behind (which the guards placed into their van. He had some sign on the ground which read something like

"McCann wont pay BT with my money"

It was an odd couple of minutes all the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The police decided it was just one to many renditions of Wonderwall. I heartily endorse this crackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

As do I. All buskers and street "entertainers" need to be incarcerated. This is not a plaza, its a street and there is quite simply no room on Grafton or Henry for <SNIP> to be blocking up the whole Street.

It's the huge crowd of gawpers I want to punch. Yes, a guy in top-to-toe paint, how interesting. Let us all stand an gawp and block the street for people who actually have lives and want to get past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Neesa wrote: »
    As do I. All buskers and street "entertainers" need to be incarcerated. This is not a plaza, its a street and there is quite simply no room on Grafton or Henry for <SNIP> to be blocking up the whole Street.

It's the huge crowd of gawpers I want to punch. Yes, a guy in top-to-toe paint, how interesting. Let us all stand an gawp and block the street for people who actually have lives and want to get past.

Poor you, you must have such a hard life being delayed like that for, what, 30 seconds? Doesn't sound like much of a life to me tbh.

The buskers give the street a bit of character and tourists really like it. And some of the buskers throughout the years have been very talented.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yes! Mc. Savage finally done for those kiddie piccies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Neesa you made me angry enough to sign in..... and i'm very very lazy. Cheer up for feck sake we don't need another bloody scowler in this world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

It's the huge crowd of gawpers I want to punch

I wonder how many you would get through before ending up lying on your back staring at the back of your eyelids!

Cianos wrote: »

The buskers give the street a bit of character and tourists really like it. And some of the buskers throughout the years have been very talented.

But most of the buskers are hippies. If left unchecked, we could have a race of Liam O Maonlais on our hands.

stovelid wrote: »
    we could have a race of Liam O Maonlais on our hands.

Ah comon... please stovelid, its a long weekend, don't ruin it.

lightening wrote: »
    Ah comon... please stovelid, its a long weekend, don't ruin it.

Ignore my warning at your peril.

EDIT

Not in the mood

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The buskers that really piss me off are the ones all too common here in Galway.
    Look at me! I have a silver face and can stand still holding my umbrella!
    Just want to punch them
    Every time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Good God let it be McSavage.
    I've taken to abusing him. It started a few month back when I saw him on the street arguing on his phone and decided to stand really close to him and start taking his picture. He had coarse words with me but I didn't respond. Just kept clicking away. Later I made a montage out of the photos. Within a few month I'd freeked him out by doing this whenever I saw him and had camera on hand. It came to the boil a few weeks back when he spotted me and started giving it big. I smiled benignly at him and suantered around the corner where I met and paid 4 junkies (5euro a pop)to disrupt his show as I stood behind them...laughing and pointing.
    Best 20squids I've spent in a long time.

And the best has yet to come. I've a cracker up my sleeve.

humberklog wrote: »
    Later I made a montage out of the photos

Riiiiiight!!!

I know that fella, the one with the guitar. The tourists love him. What's the story with him, why do so many people hate him? Fill me in dudes!

Great. I'm glad to have it confirmed here that others agree.

Lightening, for more info on that creep McSavage see this thread in the Thunderdome.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055199934

In its entirety it's 51 pages long though!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

I've taken to abusing him. It started a few month back when I saw him on the street arguing on his phone and decided to stand really close to him and start taking his picture. He had coarse words with me but I didn't respond. Just kept clicking away. Later I made a montage out of the photos. Within a few month I'd freeked him out by doing this whenever I saw him and had camera on hand. It came to the boil a few weeks back when he spotted me and started giving it big. I smiled benignly at him and suantered around the corner where I met and paid 4 junkies (5euro a pop)to disrupt his show as I stood behind them...laughing and pointing.

Perfectly normal... I like buskers generally. They liven up the street a little bit. It kinda adds an artsy humble feeling to the street rather than the 'I just tote want to spend all of daddy's/my husband's/my hard earned money on everything I can get my hands on!' that normally resonates on Grafton street. In fairness, I'd rather see someone covered head to toe in silver standing still all day than a big yoke covered in orange with a bird's nest for hair.

Personally, I hope it was the red haired bloke with the guitar with no side things on it. He should be arrested for crimes of fashion and being a hippy.

JAYSUS!!! That fella is unpopular!

From the other thread;
    Degsy wrote: »
    Quite unlike McSavage,he has the imagination of a jar of phlegm

:D:D

lightening wrote: »
    Riiiiiight!!!

I know that fella, the one with the guitar. The tourists love him. What's the story with him, why do so many people hate him? Fill me in dudes!

He's a bully to other buskers especially foriegn ones and good ones.
    He's a cancer to the fabric of our good society.
    He has border-line ginger hair which is curly.
    His wife's a <SNIP>
    He's a coward.
    He speaks funny(wierd) but yet he's not funny.
    His feet never look as though they're fitting into his shoes properly.
    He seldom wears jeans.
    He ocassionally buys a Topic. I buy Topics!
    He's a very jealous man. (See 4th point...oooeee this'll be FUN!)

I'm not kidding about my stalking/ annoying him. It's affermative action here mate. I've the pics and other Boardsies to prove it. I'd enough of him and decided to act. I'm only in phase 1 too. I'm building towards medeivel forms by phase 4. I'm looking forward to phase 2 mostly. That's the bit with his wife.
    I popped my daughter onto my shoulders a few week back and hid at the rear of the crowd where commando Daisy slowly clapped her hands and chanted "Not Funny"(Until she noticed the Haagan Das shop across the way)

:D

You and Degsy should have a pint.

stovelid wrote: »

You and Degsy should have a pint.

Look above, I quoted him... He's an angry man, I love it.

How does this fella bully other buskers? This is all very interesting.

I'll deff stand Degsy a pint or five for his contribution to "that thread".

• Advertisement

I'll deff stand Degsy a pint or five for his contribution to "that thread".

The time for talking's well gone sister Neesa. All can join. All you need to do is disrupt him at EVERY chance. It's action and intimidation all the way. Pulling his bird will be the cherry on top!

Buskers don't have 'pitches'. It's 1come gets. When someone sets up at a lucrative spot that he decides he wants he approaches them and tells thewm to FORRGH ORFF. Some do. Others (my peeps)don't and he knows now not to mess with them. I tellsya he wouldn't feck with the North Strand Klesmer Band! He preys on the week...ACT NOW ON THIS ABORTION!
    Hire who you can (I reccommend junkies. They're cheap and will do anything.)

The time for talking's well gone sister Neesa. All can join. All you need to do is disrupt him at EVERY chance. It's action and intimidation all the way. Pulling his bird will be the cherry on top!

I am all for joining GROMS, the Get Rid Of Mc Savage club. I luckily don't see him very often but the very next time I do I solemnly swear I will uphold the values and ideals of GROMS and harrass and annoy him until such time and he throws a hissy fit and stalks off.

Jesus what link. Nice one Neesa. Plenty of recruits there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

You're a legend. I hate the guy too!
    Please contribute your photos to this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055199934&page=27

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Sign me up to that club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

If that's McSavage lifted Dublin City has suddenly got a whole lot better for the 5 seconds it'll take daddy Andrews to interfere and get him let off again.

Still good man humberklog. Hope your scheming works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

The North strand Klesmer should follow him around all day, ALL day, until he just ****s off home. Do a reenactment of that **** they did in Burger King last year in his ear ALL DAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Oh yeah and if you happen to mosey over to the Thunderdome thread try and leave a note for McSavage as the demented twit seems to think the view count somehow justifies his existence.

:rolleyes:

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Yes we all hate McSavage but does anyone know who this busker is that was arrested ? He didn't have red hair and it definately wasn't McSavage as I saw him in the cop car. Afterwards there was a lady with a northern Irish accent explaining to a few people what happened and then she helped the Guards put this guy stuff into the Garda van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes we all hate McSavage
    I don't even know who he is so please don't include me! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement