Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busker arrested on Grafton Street today about half 4. Any info ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Degsy wrote: »
    He can easily be found on youtube doing his little "act"
    I realise now who you are referring to. I've passed him a few times but never listened to him so that explains my apparant ignorance. :o
    Yes we all hate McSavage
    I don't even know who he is so please don't include me! ;)
    Ok you're excluded
    Alan - please INCLUDE me now! :D

Do some people really find that crap to be funny? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think many people on boards - including me - have personally experienced the fool's 'humour'. I'm sure I remember reading a post from somebody who returned with a jar of worms (or bait) and threw them over him. Deserves a medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I realise now who you are referring to. I've passed him a few times but never listened to him so that explains my apparant ignorance. :o

Do some people really find that crap to be funny? :(

Nah I don't like him either. When he was insulting people in Temple Bar back in 2001/2002 when I first saw him there was a desperation about his act that seemed compelling to watch but seeing since he really is a just a ****! I "bumped" into him around the VIP at Electric Picnic last year - he was wandering around with a Digital Camcorder shooting stuff for a show he was trying to produce.

Eyebrowy's sketch on a couple of Ireland's "BIG" comedians trying to pitch their various ideas to RTE was quite, well more specifically the Savage one was - "please give me a tv show, anything"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Welcome Wishbone Ash, the newest addition to the GROMS club.

GROMS - Get Rid Of Mc Savage
    :p

314836-McSavage2.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Neesa wrote: »
    Welcome Wishbone Ash, the newest addition to the GROMS club.

GROMS - Get Rid Of Mc Savage
    :p

314836-McSavage2.jpeg

theres my new sig right there!!^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I have no proof of this whatsoever but its plausible that the "busker" was using his music as a cover for some sort of illegal activity (drug dealing perhaps?).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,413 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

disssco wrote: »
    I have no proof of this whatsoever but its plausible that the "busker" was using his music as a cover for some sort of illegal activity (drug dealing perhaps?).

No. It isn't.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

what about that old git with the ukulele who can't play AT ALL he just hits the strings,wearing a big stupid paddies day hat :(
    plays along to a tape recorder :rolleyes:

punchdrunk wrote: »
    what about that old git with the ukulele who can't play AT ALL he just hits the strings,wearing a big stupid paddies day hat :(

What about him?Compared to mcsavage he's George Formby.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I popped that montage of MacS into the chaps in trinity on Friday so see what happens. They seam the genuine article and told me that they'd put the montage up on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I saw him busking in Temple Bar a couple of years ago. Does he honestly think he is funny? Cos no-one was laughing that day. (Except the fella who was with him). Helloooooo, wakeup stoopidhead you are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

punchdrunk wrote: »

He does my head in aswell. He has changed his wig and hat a few times in the last 9 mopnths that he has been busking. He cannot play at all.....why is he busking ?????

What about the gimp dancing with the woman dancer doll stuck to him ????
    He does my teets in aswell. The street is almost impassable when he turns up. I mean wtf ??????

As for the gimps in gold or silver paint ?????

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Learn how to play an instrument you fookers !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

claiva wrote: »
    He does my head in aswell. He has changed his wig and hat a few times in the last 9 mopnths that he has been busking. He cannot play at all.....why is he busking ?????

What about the gimp dancing with the woman dancer doll stuck to him ????
    He does my teets in aswell. The street is almost impassable when he turns up. I mean wtf ??????

As for the gimps in gold or silver paint ?????

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Learn how to play an instrument you fookers !!!!!!

Totally agree with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Neesa wrote: »
    As do I. All buskers and street "entertainers" need to be incarcerated. This is not a plaza, its a street and there is quite simply no room on Grafton or Henry for <SNIP> to be blocking up the whole Street.

Thats a ridiculous comment to make. Loads of talent has come out of the streets of dublin, and people have come to Dublin and been discovered on such streets as grafton street. Like rodrigo y gabriella for example. Im proud of the fact that they made their first footstep in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

boneless wrote: »
    I just copped on who the guy is. I have to admit his form of lowest common denominator humour is anathema to me. He once passed a comment on a friend of mine. She responded by asking him where the hell he got the right to verbally assault people. She also threatened to arrest him (yes, I have a Garda friend:P) under the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act... she flashed the card and all! He didn't like it.

Typical of women in jobs with authority :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sweettooth

Really can't stand Mc Savage, he needs new material. I remember seeing him about 6 years ago in town, and last year, against my better judgement and after a few drinks, went to see him with my sister at a comedy show.

He was using the same old, not so funny, jokes! He also was a very angry man, My sister asked if we wanted another bottle of wine during his set and he got abusive with us saying how rude it was to talk and that we should leave ect... and tried to us as tirgets through out the rest of the night.

We were told if we didn't stop "heckeling" mc savage, we'd have to leave. if he can't handle a little heckeling then he should be doing this.

Also, I heard his dad disowned him, his dad and brother are in the public eye and the dad has b een heard refering to his one son, kinda sad...

Sorry about the long rant/story, just can't stand the man, its one of a few I have of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

If his dad disowned him then it all makes sense now.

He must be struggling to pay the rent on that apartment he has up by leeson st.The insufferable dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

He is a cousin of Ryan Tubridy. That is the only reason why he sometimes gets on the Late Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

humberklog wrote: »
    Good God let it be McSavage.
    I've taken to abusing him. It started a few month back when I saw him on the street arguing on his phone and decided to stand really close to him and start taking his picture. He had coarse words with me but I didn't respond. Just kept clicking away. Later I made a montage out of the photos. Within a few month I'd freeked him out by doing this whenever I saw him and had camera on hand. It came to the boil a few weeks back when he spotted me and started giving it big. I smiled benignly at him and suantered around the corner where I met and paid 4 junkies (5euro a pop)to disrupt his show as I stood behind them...laughing and pointing.
    Best 20squids I've spent in a long time.

And the best has yet to come. I've a cracker up my sleeve.

That is just classic, really love the touch with the junkies! Keep up the good work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

He is a cousin of Ryan Tubridy.

He is a big unfunny eejit. That's what he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I don't give a damn, I stand by my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

I love having the buskers on Grafton Street, even the ****e ones. There are some jugglers and fire eaters, and some people especially kids, get great enjoyment out of seeing them. And leave the guy with the ukelele alone, he's clearly got mental problems.

There is one excellent busker. His name is Niall Lawlor, and he plays some sort of slide guitar; usually at the top of Grafton Street, opposite the green. He's really friendly as well, he knows my face from when I've stopped and talked to him before. He always seems to make a ton of money.

There's also some sort of orchestra, well "bunch of classical musicians" that I enjoy listening to.

And yes, I hate McSavage. But did anyone get to the bottom of who was actually arrested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

IRcolm wrote: »
    There is one excellent busker. His name is Niall Lawlor, and he plays some sort of slide guitar; usually at the top of Grafton Street, opposite the green. He's really friendly as well, he knows my face from when I've stopped and talked to him before. He always seems to make a ton of money.

One of the finest steel players around, world class, really...
    He's just back from touring in the states, his Sunday night show in Whealans is really worth a look to. He got picked up supporting an american band a while back and the made him join the band on the spot, wouldn't take no for an answer!!!

Unfortunately as an ex-busker myself, I'll tell you a ton of money isn't all that much when you turn it into paper...

Good to see McSavage getting a hiding here!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

studiorat wrote: »
    He's just back from touring in the states, his Sunday night show in Whealans is really worth a look. Hi got picked up supporting an american band a while back and the made him join the band on the spot!!!

Unfortunately as an ex-busker I'll tell a ton of money isn't all that much when you turn it into paper...

Thats brilliant, I'm really happy for him, becasue he's such a nice guy. Really, nice. Hope it works out for him.

studiorat wrote: »
    One of the finest steel players around, world class, really...
    He's just back from touring in the states, his Sunday night show in Whealans is really worth a look to. He got picked up supporting an american band a while back and the made him join the band on the spot, wouldn't take no for an answer!!!

Unfortunately as an ex-busker myself, I'll tell you a ton of money isn't all that much when you turn it into paper...

Good to see McSavage getting a hiding here!

Check the thunderdome to see mcsavage getting a PROPER hiding!!

Haaaaaaaa!!!!!

"No its not.His site has been offline for ages due to people spamming his guestbook!!"

pick me off the floor!!!

You're some bad b@stards over there:D

IRcolm wrote: »
    Thats brilliant, I'm really happy for him, becasue he's such a nice guy. Really, nice. Hope it works out for him.

+1
    good friend...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

disssco wrote: »
    I heard he used a lot ofe-f-shape.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

2796056657_79c5886439.jpg?v=0
    It kinda loses some of its menace on computer but that's the jist of my stalking. I've a few better individual ones where he has shear confusion/anger on his ugly mush. He ran into shop and I chased him in too but the assistant asked me to leave. So he's a weak little rat too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement