Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the guys

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They're bitching already...
    Has this forum changed your views/understanding of women?

<stuff>

Try and put some effort in.
    No to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

personally, i still dont get why the handbag/shoulder thread gets so much slack. it went on for three pages.

there's a thread in the nocturnal forum as to which side of the bed you sleep on that goes on 6 pages. yes, it's a pointless thread, but hell, doesnt for a second mean that everyone who posted in it much be completely pointless in general. just random chat really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Hmmm... well you could kinda say the Nocturnal Forum is a pointless forum! :pac:
    Nah, not dissing it, but it serves a different purpose to The Ladies' Lounge. It's a light-hearted forum as opposed to here which can be light-hearted but also accommodates more "serious" discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Dudess wrote: »
    Hmmm... well you could kinda say the Nocturnal Forum is a pointless forum! :pac:

you obviously havent been bored and on boards at night time! tCN, now *that* is a pointless forum :P (still <3 the time i spent there)
    Nah, not dissing it, but it serves a different purpose to The Ladies' Lounge.

ha, i get your point, but i do think that that thread gets pounced on a bit more than is really fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

if a girl said something really negative about men in general,
    "they're all the same yadda yadda yadda"... you know - the sh!te women talk,
    -guys generally would argue or dismiss her,
    -and I think any guy who responded by smiling dolefully and saying "we're not all like that" would lose a lot credibility with other men.

Men are faar more likely to stick up for each other (and for men in general) when it comes to members of the opposite sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

My feminist contribution to this thread is to assume that the incredible off topic back and forth you-said-no-you-said mini-agenda super-spouting sub-topic that's been conducted by a few posters in this discussion is just down to them having an inability to respect the original poster's subject matter and stay on the goddamned topic, and is nothing to do with the fact that they're women.

In recognition of equality between the sexes, I'll say that I'm becoming incredibly tired of the ability of certain posters on this forum to railroad every thread to their own agenda.

Dudess, Wibbs, MissHoneyBun, pookie82, the four of you are the direct reason that I'm going to lock this thread, go and get a cup of coffee and then break off your "What is feminism" debate and merge it with a feminism thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Thread reopened.

To remind users of the original topic, it's "Has this forum changed your views/understanding of women?"

I strongly suggest that every one of you resist the urge to post anything at all on this thread that isn't 100% bang on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No it hasn't changed my view on women.
    It has changed what I tought was the break down of types posters who happen to be female on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I can't say it has really. This forum has re-inforced my belief that many women focus on things that are completely irrelevent - bags, hair etc - to the wider world. Even worse, many start these silly threads in a 'OMG if I don't find the right bag I'm just going to die' kind of way, as if the most important thing in their life is how well their clothes match.

Not that men are much different of course. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Not really, as an interested lurker.

Reinforced what repels me about women and also what attracts me to them. Added to how I thought this forum would work out

But mostly that there are indeed some subjects that I should at all costs stay away from and never open the thread...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Orizio wrote: »
    I can't say it has really. This forum has re-inforced my belief that many women focus on things that are completely irrelevent - bags, hair etc - to the wider world. Even worse, many start these silly threads in a 'OMG if I don't find the right bag I'm just going to die' kind of way, as if the most important thing in their life is how well their clothes match.

Not that men are much different of course. ;)

Many women are into those things, not all.
    Many men are into soccer, not all.

I would not be using this forum to make 'no true scotsman' assumptions about
    boards posters who happen to be female.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I would not be using this forum to make 'no true scotsman' assumptions about
    boards posters who happen to be female.

Or, posters who claim to be female, this is teh internets after all.

It has and it hasnt. Its certainly confirmed a few perceptions Ive had but also its changed a few others also.

I have learned from reading threads here that pregnant women are filthy! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

My first year in college i lived with 6 girls.

I was well aware that wimmin can be both crazy and incredible in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Dragan wrote: »
    My first year in college i lived with 6 girls.

I was well aware that wimmin can be both crazy and incredible in equal measure.

That's what makes us so endearing! :D You fellas keep coming back for more!

This forum hasn't changed any of my opinions, but it's nice to have a yap with other women and talk about some "female" stuff. Even if it's silly and nonsensical. Handbags ftw!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement