Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hyundai accents...

Options
  • 01-08-2008 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

lads

are all accents restricted to 60 km/hr, I have yet seem one going any faster it seems..

that or they are all bought by hopeless drivers.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmmmm could be just an Irish thing. I drive an Accent over here and she tips along very nicely over 100km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Haha brilliant, same deal with Toyota Yaris' aswell, they also come with complimentary Nun drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

There's always a class of car which appeals to people who can barely drive at all: nuns, old dears in head scarves, men who wear hats while driving. They tend to concentrate on cheapness, a reputation for reliability or ease of driving, since performance and handling are not issues.

When I was a nipper, every queue of cars on the open road had a Morris Minor at the front. Then it became a Toyota Starlet, then a Nissan Micra.

I'm sure the Koreans will be delighted to find that they have cracked the hat-wearing segment of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Zube wrote: »
    I'm sure the Koreans will be delighted to find that they have cracked the hat-wearing segment of the market.

:D LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

There's always a class of car which appeals to people who can barely drive at all: nuns, old dears in head scarves, men who wear hats while driving. They tend to concentrate on cheapness, a reputation for reliability or ease of driving, since performance and handling are not issues.

When I was a nipper, every queue of cars on the open road had a Morris Minor at the front. Then it became a Toyota Starlet, then a Nissan Micra.

Very funny, and so true!!!

I'm not sure lads, I think the Japanese might be getting it back... the Nissan Tiida seems to have become the car of choice for the hat-wearers, even though it's only been on the market a year, and I'm sure I've seen Suzuki Lianas "in the lead" as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

if you have ever driven an accent you will realise quite quickly why anyone driving one never exceeds 60kmph - its like a white knuckle ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

For the full unifrom driving gloves are essential ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭positron

I don't care if you are going lynch me for saying this - but Hyundai Accent's can do more than 60kph. In fact, I have taken one to 100 mph once, of course not on the public road..! They are not very good at good speeds though - they are comfortable between 60-90 kph.

I like Jeremy Clarckson and the lads too, but if I were to believe everything they says, I would be bankrupt or dead by now. Or both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭captainosull

what is the actual theme/point to this thread? It only gives posters like jhmeg & run to da hills an oppurtunity to talk their usual misguided poo poo

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

what is the actual theme/point to this thread? It only gives posters like jhmeg & run to da hills an oppurtunity to talk their usual misguided poo poo

They are just saying what the rest of us are thinking. Life without poo poo is just constipated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had a 3-door previous-generation accent as a loaner while getting warranty work done on one of my previous cars and it was terrifying taking any kind of bend at speed in it. Felt like you were going to be on 2 wheels at any moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Probably caught up behind a Nissan Almera and doesn't have the power to overtake :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I can scan out slow drivers miles off when I am driving.

around 80/90 % are in accents. I just sweep past the ****ers and leave them on their merry way...
    they will get home by nightfall at least

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

lads

are all accents restricted to 60 km/hr, I have yet seem one going any faster it seems..

that or they are all bought by hopeless drivers.?

I do 120kph in mine all the time (well, when on motorways like) and have in fact even done 140kph on occasion when I wasn't paying attention to the dial :S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Accent drivers look like Lewis Hamilton compared to Micra drivers !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

the Daihatsu Sirion seems to be a new favourite with the blue rinse brigade as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

micras are bad but accents are by far the ahem, 'leading' car I have seen holding up a 10 mile tail back over the last few years.

And I have a good memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Surprisingly any car that I have for the most seen at the head of a slow moving queue have nearly always been Astras driven by an old dear or Paddy Joe out for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭positron

micras are bad but accents are by far the ahem, 'leading' car I have seen holding up a 10 mile tail back over the last few years.

And I have a good memory.

Isn't the second or third car's fault? May be the driver of the second car don't know how to overtake safely, and probably don't know they should leave enough room for the car behind to attempt overtaking? :D

Advertisement