Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rex now a serious contender......

Options
  • 01-08-2008 3:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

i actually believe rex to be one of the best housemates in there now, he speaks his mind, hes not afraid to upset people. when he ordered the tokens for the shopping was brilliant.
    i believe hes starting to emerge as a fav to win i think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I agree. Nobody else in there really does anything, they don't have much to say where as Rex does and is quite funny too. The only other contenders i could see winning would be Darnell & Kat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    I agree. Nobody else in there really does anything, they don't have much to say where as Rex does and is quite funny too. The only other contenders i could see winning would be Darnell & Kat.

I like Rex and find him funny - but I suspect that the GBP are never going to vote a 'rich kid', especially an arrogant sarcastic one to be winner of this prog.
    I fear that Rex'll become the next Luke (vilified hate figure) sometime over the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I like Rex and find him funny - but I suspect that the GBP are never going to vote a 'rich kid', especially an arrogant sarcastic one to be winner of this prog.
    I fear that Rex'll become the next Luke (vilified hate figure) sometime over the next month.

I really cant see that happening if it hasnt happened by now its not going to at all.

I think just because he comes from money thats not a good enough reason in my books why he isnt a deserveing winner. For me he has been a top housemate and wouldnt be shocked if he did win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i dont think rex will win. yea, he speaks his mind, but can be really mean in how he does it. he didnt do himself any favours when he attacked rachael after seeing her audition tape.

i dont think rex will win. yea, he speaks his mind, but can be really mean in how he does it. he didnt do himself any favours when he attacked rachael after seeing her audition tape.

He always thought that Rachel wasnt playing any games and even said it to Luke and Rebecca so when he seen a different side to her in the VT he was taken aback by it and confronted her on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rex doesn't deserve to win. He's been cruel to too many people. Even Maysoon said it upon leaving.
    BIG Brother quitter Maysoon Shaladi last night laid into Rex — claiming the playboy chef was a bully with “a gameplan”.

The Lynx model — who stormed out on Wednesday night after only 25 days and 22 hours in the house — also accused the others of stripping off to get attention.

Maysoon, 28, let rip for the first time on spin-off show Big Brother’s Little Brother.

When host George Lamb asked about housemates’ jibes over her low-key presence, she stormed: “They exaggerate. Rex over-reacted. He’s got a gameplan going there.

“He’s taking the lead and charge of everything, and whenever he says anything he doesn’t let people reply. He’s very good at talking over people. He railroads them.”

And to reiterate, the tokens idea was Darnell's and Rex simply implemented it. No doubt BB will show it as if it was Rex's idea.

Edit: Also it seems he's been winding up another female housemate:
    Lisa and Rex clashed this morning over his constant sarcastic comments.

The beauty sales rep snapped when the chef made a snide remark about her culinary skills.

"You're sarcastic and rude all the time but you can't take it when someone is like that with you. I won't put up with it anymore, so shut up," Lisa said.

The rest of the group, who were sat around the living area while essential maintenance was carried out in the bedrooms, looked stunned.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning," Rex said, when Lisa's rant was over.

The 40-year-old then went on to accuse him of ignoring Mario because he was "jealous".

When the garden shutters were opened, Rex retreated to the garden, telling Kat that he wasn't going to be "rude or aggressive". "I don't need to be," he said.

Meanwhile Luke and Mikey comforted Lisa, telling her that they agreed with her comments.

"It's going to be Hell for Rex in the house now," Lisa said. "I'm just not going to speak to him."

"Someone at some point has to put Rex in his place. He thinks he's such a power house," she added.
    Lisa and Luke complained about Rex this afternoon.

Following Lisa and Rex's earlier argument, Luke said that he didn't think clearing the air would make a difference as they are both "stubborn" people.

"I've felt uncomfortable around him for a long time," Lisa revealed. "The constant put downs, chipping away at me - I think people are frightened of saying anything to him."

The pair agreed that Rex made sarcastic comments and then said he was just joking. "Many a jest is said in joke," Lisa observed.

"You stood your ground and told him what you thought," Luke said, describing her actions as "admirable".

Lisa replied that it "sickens" her that people don't stand up to Rex, but Luke noted that they thought he was popular outside the house.

"I've been myself," Lisa announced, adding: "He's only nice to Kat because everyone thinks she's going to win. That's the only reason he's nice to her."

She described Rex as a "control freak" and moaned: "He dominates. It's all about him. His restaurants, his control, his hate towards women. But you cross him, and he doesn't like it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother9/a117913/lisa-and-rex-clash-over-sarcasm.html?id=117913

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother9/a117965/lisa-luke-complain-about-sarcastic-rex.html

I'm not a fan of Lisa but I'm glad she's standing up to his snide, condescending remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Rex doesn't deserve to win. He's been cruel to too many people. Even Maysoon said it upon leaving.
    And to reiterate, the tokens idea was Darnell's and Rex simply implemented it. No doubt BB will show it as if it was Rex's idea.

OK, heres the thing. Rex has been winding up the guys since he got into the house, initally it was not too bad but I can see how you would find it cruel.

The difference between Rex and the whisper club is that he says things to peoples face giving an oppertunity for them to defend themselves rather than talking behind backs.

Also Rex will admit when he is in the wrong, he has some kind of logic to what hes doing (i think) it not that he's being nasty for the sake of it (like whisperclub)

I thought Maysoon was weird when she left, I dont know what her game was?
    But how come she was able to confront Mo about things and not Rex? Maybe because Rex had a point.

I know he is flawed, he gets too cutting at times but I can forgive it because I think he is a good guy a heart.

I also think (maybe it is known..) that Rex had a major alcohol problem before he entered the house, he has mentioned being away(rehab?) before they went into hiding... I think the gap that alcohol(maybe drugs also) has filled in his life is being replaced by this constant questioning of people in the house just to take his mind off being deprived of his party lifestyle.

Finally,
    Darnell gave the shopping idea and the VT token to rex because he knows if he suggest someting to Rex, Rex will do it!
    It gives Darnell a thrill!
    I wouldn't be surprised if Darnell helped Rex get HOH, given the opportunity!

kerash,

He has been quoted as saying he intends to be cruel so he goes up for nomination. I don't know why people are defending this kind of behaviour.

I would urge you to go to Channel 4's site and view his argument with Lisa. I think she was right to call him up on it and from reading the DS forum, even Rex fans are acknowledging that someone needed to give him a dresssing down.

http://digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=861711

kerash,

He has been quoted as saying he intends to be cruel so he goes up for nomination. I don't know why people are defending this kind of behaviour.

I would urge you to go to Channel 4's site and view his argument with Lisa. I think she was right to call him up on it and from reading the DS forum, even Rex fans are acknowledging that someone needed to give him a dresssing down.

http://digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=861711

Well thats what I was gonna say.
    Why is no-one answering him back?
    Lisa has done it previously and Mikey, but Lisa has been equally cruel in comment she has made...
    I'll have a look at the argument now;)

I'm not sure how much weight that argument holds, it didnt start from anything Rex had said?
    Just that overall he was being a bully?
    and saying he was jealous of Mario - the person that made some extremely nasty and vicious comments about the kat,rach and belinda to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I would hate to be a real life friend with Rex.. but he is very entertaining to watch and i'l be surprised if Lisa doesn't chalk this experience up to yet another hurdle in her never ending struggle in big brother.

• Advertisement

kerash wrote: »
    I'm not sure how much weight that argument holds, it didnt start from anything Rex had said?
    Just that overall he was being a bully?
    and saying he was jealous of Mario - the person that made some extremely nasty and vicious comments about the kat,rach and belinda to name a few.

The argument started when he had a pop at her cooking. He's done that for quite a few times in the house.

She was right that he gets away with saying hurtful stuff by playing them off as jokes. There's a mean streak inside him and it's in full flow.

I hope Lisa's shut it off.

Kerash they were some excellent posts. People over on digitalspy on this thread http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=861552 that Lisa is having a go at Rex but Mario done the exact same if not worse is she not been a bit hypicritical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ok, i know i posted this on a previous thread, and sorry if thats against the rules , but i really want to get to the bottom of this and anyones opinions on this, here it is.
    .........for all the talking rex does about his girlfriend, surely he has a photo of her with him in the house??HE MUST?everyone else has photos of friends family etc. anyone else think about this? when they came back from the line up......................

People over on digitalspy on this thread http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=861552 that Lisa is having a go at Rex but Mario done the exact same if not worse is she not been a bit hypicritical?

I'm not sure if Lisa sees any wrong in Mario. I wouldn't defend Lisa's behaviour but I think with regards to Rex she made some good points.
    Ok, i know i posted this on a previous thread, and sorry if thats against the rules , but i really want to get to the bottom of this and anyones opinions on this, here it is.
    .........for all the talking rex does about his girlfriend, surely he has a photo of her with him in the house??HE MUST?everyone else has photos of friends family etc. anyone else think about this? when they came back from the line up......................

Is it really necessary to post this in another thread? :rolleyes:

He might not have bothered to bring a photo of her. Or maybe he did but Lisa and Luke never bothered to notice it. It's not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't give a **** if rex has a nasty streak, it's a tv show, I don't care about rachel/lisa/lukes feelings. He's by far the most entertaining housemate. I'm not talking about Rebecca-style "entertaining" where it's 100% contrived but he manages to be interesting without looking like he's trying too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

its wrecking my head!!!

I don't give a **** if rex has a nasty streak, it's a tv show, I don't care about rachel/lisa/lukes feelings. He's by far the most entertaining housemate. I'm not talking about Rebecca-style "entertaining" where it's 100% contrived but he manages to be interesting without looking like he's trying too hard.

Straight to the point no messing about with you.

Well let's bring in Alex, Dennis and Jade Goody. Would be entertaining. Nothing like a bit of bullying to pep up a TV show.

No, they don't manage to pull it off without being annoying. Rex has something they lack when he does it, probably self-awareness. The bottom line is, when he does it I'm happy to watch it. He has redeeming qualities also, the others you mentioned had none.

I would agree he is not as bad as some of the others who have been in there but I think he's got too high an opinion of himself and I think ultimately this will be his downfall.

• Advertisement

Rex anit even in the same "bullying" league as Alex she was so so far out there so couldnt even see the line anymore!

(i dont think hes a bully)

I would agree he is not as bad as some of the others who have been in there but I think he's got too high an opinion of himself and I think ultimately this will be his downfall.
    Of course yea he has a high opinion of himself, but take yesterday for example with the interrogations. Would you say you'd rather have watched Mo's interrogation or Rex's?

This is why I don't understand people who like Mo in that house, especially when they prefer him to Rex. Mo is nothing. Sure he's a (somewhat) nice guy like you but he is hopelessly unoriginal, unfunny un-everythingpositive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

its wrecking my head!!!

You didn't even acknowledge my response in the other thread. Jen didn't bring a photo of her own child, so why is Rex not bringing a picture (and we don't even know if he did or not) such a big deal?

Maybe Rex decided not to bring a picture because he didn't want to depress himself by getting maudlin over a photo of someone he's obviously besotted with. Then again, maybe he doesn't have a picture of her. I can guarantee you that my boyfriend of 3 years has no pictures of me.

Now, back to the topic.

I think that Rex can cut a little too close to the bone but I don't think he's as malicious as some seem to think he is. Yeah he gave Rachel a hard time over being boring but in fairness when Kat called him up on it he said he'd back off.

Rex is nowhere near as horrible as Luke or Dale. As someone else said, he says things out in the open and tbh I reckon it's just his sense of humour. I think he's a nice guy underneath it all.

He's an entertaining housemate and I'd love to see him in the final with Kat and Rachel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Mario had it in for Rex from the beginning. I think he was jealous. Mario talked a pile of sh!te-he so wanted to be a dominant figure in the house and have everyone listen to what he had to say and people didn't pay much heed to what he said except Lisa and mikey whose ear he was constantly whispering into whereas early on in the series it was noticeable that when Rex opened his mouth everyone stopped talking and listened. By the way hey-I read in the uk version of the Star newspaper back in June that Rex was intending donating his money to charity if he won.

The argument started when he had a pop at her cooking. He's done that for quite a few times in the house.

She was right that he gets away with saying hurtful stuff by playing them off as jokes. There's a mean streak inside him and it's in full flow.

I hope Lisa's shut it off.

Lisa does the very same thing tho;)
    Kerash they were some excellent posts. People over on digitalspy on this thread http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=861552 that Lisa is having a go at Rex but Mario done the exact same if not worse is she not been a bit hypicritical?

Thanks! Yes Lisa is a hypocrite, but she like mario, wants to be the controlling force in the house this is why she dont like Rex.
    Of course yea he has a high opinion of himself, but take yesterday for example with the interrogations. Would you say you'd rather have watched Mo's interrogation or Rex's?

This is why I don't understand people who like Mo in that house, especially when they prefer him to Rex. Mo is nothing. Sure he's a (somewhat) nice guy like you but he is hopelessly unoriginal, unfunny un-everythingpositive.

Mo is funny. He has been down trodden since day one, first by Alex and co. then by the greed brigade. I guess nice guys finish last...

I thought it was interesting that when Rex and Stu did the interrogation, Stu did most of the talking and decision making afterwards.
    It seems that Rex can be over powered sometimes...
    Ann22 wrote: »
    Mario had it in for Rex from the beginning. I think he was jealous. Mario talked a pile of sh!te-he so wanted to be a dominant figure in the house and have everyone listen to what he had to say and people didn't pay much heed to what he said except Lisa and mikey whose ear he was constantly whispering into whereas early on in the series it was noticeable that when Rex opened his mouth everyone stopped talking and listened. By the way hey-I read in the uk version of the Star newspaper back in June that Rex was intending donating his money to charity if he won.

You are spot on there about Mario and Rex. Lisa now wants her own slice of control in the house.

I don't think Rex is a serious contender to win now. A love story is the last thing he needed and will destroy his 'don't give a f*ck' attitude.

kerash wrote: »

Mo is funny.

Really? I don't think I can recall a single funny thing he has said or did and I would assume that his family members would say the same. The guy doesn't have a comedic bone in his body, he fails miserably every time he tries to be witty and/or funny.

Also, he's not entertaining because he's such a weak person, he hasn't got much about it him at all. In fact, the only thing he's good for in that house is being the butt of jokes and pissing off other housemates.

Rex's girlfriend coming in will ruin Rex I think, not a good development for him because I think he will become more boring as him and his girlfriend move away from the group more than mario and lisa. It's not good for the show, the producers were probably hoping to get her in there with luke and lisa to see some action but I doubt much will happen there.
    All in all, not good for the show I'de say, although it probably could have gotten stale without an injection of new housemate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Really? I don't think I can recall a single funny thing he has said or did and I would assume that his family members would say the same. The guy doesn't have a comedic bone in his body, he fails miserably every time he tries to be witty and/or funny.

epic_fail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

And he wasn't even trying,:D

• Advertisement

I'll throw that fail right back at ye, that was about as funny as rebecca getting her tits out.

EDIT: SS, he was trying his hardest there, he jumped in the shower for christ sake.

Advertisement