Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargat: Worlds in War Games: The Dead Code

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:57am

Seems MGM are pimping the upcoming Stargate: Worlds big time. Was watching War Games: The Dead Code earlier this evening and there are a number of scenes which feature blatant adverisements for the upcoming game, so many in fact that I'm considering basing a drinking game based around it.

Skip to 3:00 in the video below for the first placement of the game. The opening scene is also worth watching and tbh if you're a fan of the original War Games then the Dead Code is quite an entertaining 100 minutes. Though be prepared to watch in disbelief as people actually use the mouse while on computers.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

looks delicious. i might just start looking forward to this again. Months of mums the word on the SGW forums has left me mystified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Looks interesting - I didn't even know a Stargate game was in the works. I remember there was talk of a Stargate game years ago (not sure it was Worlds mentioned here) and it eventually got canned. Here's hoping it turns out good - movie/TV show based games have not had the best track record...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

J-blk wrote: »
    Looks interesting - I didn't even know a Stargate game was in the works. I remember there was talk of a Stargate game years ago (not sure it was Worlds mentioned here) and it eventually got canned. Here's hoping it turns out good - movie/TV show based games have not had the best track record...
    yea several games got planned here and there but 90% of software gets scrapped. sad fact of life. And we cant be soiling Stargates good name with crap now can we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Worlds

It'll run on the Unreal 3 engine. Release date appears to be Q1 2009 but the beta testing hasnt even started up yet so I very highly doubt that date is accurate.

You can sign up to be eligible for the beta-test when it happens at https://register.stargateworlds.com/Registration/ - be sure to check the box that you want to be eligible for the Beta!

Who else is interested in this?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/ancient_city.jpg

And here's a cut down clip of the one presented in the OP:

In depth sneak peek

comic Con 08' feed from the other week:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Flashus

i think i would have prefered the original game but that production was stopped cause of complication with the design company or something.

the Stargate Worlds are also seeking beta players and the number so far has reached over 200k will to play.

this will be a MMORPG with some free play available but they want subscription for money like WoW.

Advertisement