Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - August 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Windy and mild here with no rain.

Got a good dose of rain early this morning i could hear it on the roof windows.

Looks like the cloud might be breaking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Sun's out now; temp 19.5.

Very pleasant here now - sunny, 22.4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brightening up in a leisurely fashion.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Partly cloudy skies
    Max of 23.6C so far.
    23.5C atm
    Wind SW circa 10mph
    71% RH
    DP 18C

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

22.6c here and cloudy atm. Very humid.

Only recorded 4.8mm of rain earlier - rainfall measurements bewteen 6.30 and 7.30am have disappeared!

Mostly cloudy now with some hazy sun; temp 21.6 (max earlier 22.8), DP 17.5.
    Doesn't look as if there was a huge amount of rain overnight and this morning around here - 9mm Dublin Airport & 6mm at Casement according to http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Ireland.htm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Reached 23.0c here - now 22.6c. Looks like a few hefty showers heading Dublin way. Will abandon rain gauge relocation project for this afternoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Steady rain with some rumbles of thunder.

Edit, just saw some lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Absolutly lashing here now and think I heard a rumble off in the distance. Temp down to 19.7C

• Advertisement

Very heavy rain now. Think there was thunder and a flash. Temperature now down to 18.7.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Hammering down in Stillorgan.

Torrential rain - temp now back to 16.2!

Just as it looked like lifting it all went tits up. :(

Mike.

Still heavy rain - there's flooding in the garden - a little lake under the plum tree! Only 15.9 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

Had to lift up shore cover in back yard to prevent flooding in kitchen. Attempt to get to local shops failed as roads impassable, at least on foot (without wellies) - even motorists turned back. Anyone have any measurements on rainfall so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Lashing in Leopardstown. This heavy rain cant keep up that long can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

My thoughts go out to anyone on the flood plains. It must be flooded in Drumcondra if it's this bad in Glasnevin North/Ballymun which is higher up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Especially with all those drains and flowers growing out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Stopped raining in Ballymun for now.
    Loads of apartments including ours flooded as the roof gutters
    couldn't take the water. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

drumcondra must be in the middle of the irish sea by now! may god bless you bertie! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Lashing down.

50mm thats 2 inches today.
    129.5mm/hr max rain rate in the storm.

16.9C
    DP 16C
    95% RH
    997.9mb falling

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Monsoon here in Swords .

Rain has eased somewhat.
    50.3mm for today.
    97.1mm for the month to date.

50.3mm :eek:

Where are the pix?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow, Impressive stuff up north for you Dubliners!
    129mm/hr is a pretty severe downpour there Snowbie..would you believe it if i said that i'm jealous?!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

32.7mm so far here for today (with data missing for 0630 to 0730 although it was raining). 18.3mm of that rain was between 1730 and 1830!

The road is practically alive with rain droplets!

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    50.3mm :eek:

Where are the pix?

Mike.
    Will upload the lake later Mike in the pics thread.
    Supercell wrote: »
    Wow, Impressive stuff up north for you Dubliners!
    129mm/hr is a pretty severe downpour there Snowbie..would you believe it if i said that i'm jealous?!
    Yup:p

Torrential the rain has been here with several +80mm/hr. Once or twice a year i maybe get something like that but i counted 8 different times it got over that with 129.5mm/hr at the peak. Lightning was kewel too. 2 direct overheads with an almighty crack at one stage and lots of IC and CC(cloud to cloud) No cloud to grounds i saw but it was an exceptional event.

Bet you feel at ease now.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement