Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions - August 2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's feckin' freezing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The sun has made an appearance here.

Don't know how long it will last though.

More dark clouds gathering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

in Dublin 15 were the main N3 is closed again.......we had about half an hour of no rain, seemed like it might turn out relatively alright for the evening....and now, the heavens have just opened again. Reminds me of the other week when I drove through the mini tornado in Meath.......eek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nice evening here though very cool. Heating switched on earlier for a while also! Sunny spells out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blazing sun everyone is out pounding the streets (well those crazed power walkers are) and its pretty damned chilly all things considered.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain stopped here now. Total since midnight 19.2mm. 24hr total 24.9mm

Temperature has risen now to 11.9c. Heating on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's gotten dark enough here for the street lights to come on early. I could see the main band of rain on the way home, it's looks heavy in the Ballyfermot direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Still clear here, hasn't been a drop of rain since 1530 today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain's back!

Blue (or what's left of it) sky to my south - very dark overhead with almost what looks like a squall line to my north.

Wonder will that rain west swing and rotate it's way this way - at the moment it looks like it might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

very heavy here in Cabra again, have the sandbags out :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We are currently experiencing the water-based punishment of the Lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Very heavy rain here for the past few hours (as can be seen on Met Eireann radar). Winds gusting in excess of 40mph. Typical Oct/Nov weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Indeed Roisin it looks like seriously heavy rain on the radar.
    On it's way to me in Cork aswell by the looks of it.

Mods, if you about any chance of tidying up all the threads that are discussing the same thing??
    We seem to have about 5 threads currently all more or less discussing rain / thunder /flooding

Indeed Roisin it looks like seriously heavy rain on the radar.
    On it's way to me in Cork aswell by the looks of it.

Certainly seems to be heading your way! The wind is picking up as well - now recording 46mph gusts.

One thing that is confusing for us amatuers here is that the wind is W on the weather station yet the rain band is moving SSE. Can anyone explain?
    Hope that is not too dumb a question:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭mike2084

Lashing here since 8pm. Pretty much constant torrential. Only once heard thunder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AlonsoX

squonk wrote: »
    Blue sky and fluffy clouds here in central dublin. Useful for anyone keeping an eye on the eclipse at the moment.
    when is the eclipse over its hissing down and i cant see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Yea, this rainbelt were under at the moment is pretty intense.Flooding likely id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

The eclipse is this Saturday. Fullest part happening around 10:30pm. Hopefuly it will be a good evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely huge low moon in the sky here with a silvery clouds moving past it, really beautiful.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭thomasj

Can i ask what is the likely path of that huge chunk of rain on the radar thats currently over cork?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

thomasj wrote: »
    Can i ask what is the likely path of that huge chunk of rain on the radar thats currently over cork?

Its heading South so wont effect much more of the country. Perhaps parts of Waterford might get some rain before it clears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The Perseid meteor shower is tonight though or like now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

We seem to have about 5 threads currently all more or less discussing rain / thunder /flooding

Would you like us to discuss the glorious sunshine and warm temperatures instead down in Costa del Cork?:D

Mods, if you about any chance of tidying up all the threads that are discussing the same thing??

Now if some only read the title of threads and post there it would save me a lot of time moving posts around.:)
    There is an element of excitement at the sound of something extreme.

There will always be a current weather thread for each month ie:in this thread.

For separate events like wind, rain and snow will have their own threads as not everyone will experience that kind of weather and not everyday we get an event. So they can continue to post in the current weather thread if not affected.

Or maybe the event is not happening, so cross posting in both threads is no problem or else maybe a Ts is heard so that brings in 3 threads for the same day.

I create a Thunderstorm thread or potential so that we can predict by looking at the models if we get some sparks. If there is potential in the atmosphere right in front of you or your hearing thunder, witnessing lightning by all means thats the thread to post in etc.

It really is not that hard but we do believe in the new members of this forum to be shown a little leeway some regulars too.:pac:
    If there is confusion caused by excitement at the sign of Armageddon and posts go all over the shop, we will just clean it up later no bother.

Sure when it snows, i usually have to move some of my co-mods posts.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowbie wrote: »
    Sure when it snows, i usually have to move some of my co-mods posts.:D

Oiii!!

Back on topic, cool and clear here, 8.9°C
    Great Perseid viewing weather. Well worth a gander if your still up.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Clear
    10.8C and coolest it's been in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Cloudy and cool here, temp now 9.8C and giving up on the hope of seeing the Perseids!

More heavy rain again this morning. 27.4mm since midnight. Winds gusting to over 40mph. Temp 12.7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright (for now), won't last.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Indeed, was perfect Perseid weather. Saw 13 in an hour - great stuff. Overcast here, warm enough. Seriously doubt anything will happen today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement