Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - August 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Couple of heavy showers a few moments ago.
    Some congestus to my north in a clear slot.

16C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rain has duly turned up.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Very warm sunshine here in D8 at the moment but can see some threatening and building congestus heading this way from the north and northwest. I have a feeling that things are about to go downhill quite rapidly soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Clouds have been bubbling up here all morning, even though it's not showing on the doppler at all....just started raining here about 10 minutes ago, really heavy large droplets. Clouds are extremely dark to the west...get the feeling we might have some electrics later this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Sunny here but clouds seem to moving in from the South West and the look nasty !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

...making up for yesterday - moderate to sometimes heavy rainfall for the last four or five hours . Also, there was very heavy rain this morning from 6 - 8.

Small bit of rain here nothing heavy here yet.

Showers bypassing me to the north and south.
    Feeling warm out.

20C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Windy with some sunny breaks in the cloud.

Feels nice and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Terrible day here non stop torrential rain since early morning, temp 14 degrees, lots of reports of flooding with a bridge blocked by floodwater in connemara.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Torrential for 90 mins now. Getting serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Completely dry here all day which is surprising. I was expecting rain dam it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Darkness has approached fast but a few rays of light are now coming from underneath.

Edit, pouring down now.

Very windy now.

Looks like there is a shower coming my way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Rain total of 77.6mm since midnight. Rain finally moved away about 5.00pm and it had rained continuously since 8.00am this morning. Lots of flooding, cars stuck etc. The farmers around here were very busy with their tractors:)

The rescue services are currently searching the river Fergus in Ennis for a man, believed to be Polish, who fell in the river this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Heavy rain.
    12C

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

rain has eased off now but it was lashing for most of the evening.

I heard there is flooding in parts of Mayo, North Roscommon and Sligo.

Quiet, damp air under cleared skies, so some mist later I'd say.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Damp, light drizzle. Current temp 11.2°C

Must be some massive rainfall totals in Connaught, they seem to have been under yellow and pink blobs on the radar all day.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Nice morning with some hazy sun.

Cool and a little breezy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dry but overcast.
    14.4C

Still, dewy and mellow

First day of autumn! :eek:

Mike.

Not a bad morning, sunny and calm but cool.

14.6C

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A welcome change from much of yesterday, sunny and most the rain has dried up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

absolute cloudburst just passed here. Didn't see that one coming...

Not on the ball today.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

have we witnessed the wettest week on record , im serious , ive never seen a week like it , also , anyone have a link to one of those long term forecast websites , im talking about 2 weeks or so , i found a brittish one around 4 weeks ago purely by accident and it was pretty accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Lovely blue sky this morning - a rarity around here. Some cloud but who cares?

Current temperature 16.6. Windy gusting to 31mph but not cold like the past few days

Glorious morning. I feel I should go out and photgraph it as we may not see this again for some time!

Mike.

Just after having a heavy downpour but it seems to be clearing up to some lighter rain.

• Advertisement

Heavy rainfall here again, looks like it might last a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement