Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClubK - False advertising?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

So walking up Shop Street last night, people in orange jackets offering stamps for FREE ENTRY to ClubK - Of course we got stamped as a safety measure. Everywhere was packed, Q's etc... so we all thought 'feck it' and headed for ClubK as a last resort. So we walk into the club, and the bouncer says '10 euro' and points at the lady in the ticket booth. We explain that we have stamps and he says "Its normally 12euro, 10euro with the stamps". We explain again, he repeats what he said before. So we had a quick look into the club, EMPTY. Rather than argue, we voted with our feet and walked out.

Now, let there be no mistake, we were told by at least three of the ClubK reps/stampers/whatever on Shop St. that it was FREE entry with the stamps so it wasn't a mis-communication.

So were ClubK trying to pull a fast one? 'Get people to the door and then charge, sure they'll just pay it for the sake of an easy life' ??? I'm not surprised the place was empty with that kind of attitude. Had they let us in, there would have been a good drinking session and they would have made decent profits from the bar, but those sneaky tactics make it clear why it's a failure of a nightclub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

JohnCleary wrote: »
    "Its normally 12euro, 10euro with the stamps"

"Its normally €10, we stick it up to €12 for Raceweek then tell punters its free in with a stamp to get them to the door but charge them full entry fee anyway"

Ohhh FFS what a bunch of tossers, walking away is the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

late night bars FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

danniemcq wrote: »
    late night bars FTW!

+1

I would find it very hard to believe that any nightclub would be free of charge during race week.
    In fact I'd find near on impossible to get any sort of freebie in Galway during race week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DeadSkin wrote: »
    +1

I would find it very hard to believe that any nightclub would be free of charge during race week.
    In fact I'd find near on impossible to get any sort of freebie in Galway during race week.

GPO was free last night with a stamp. Confirmed my a very hungover workmate this morning :p

Yes, late bars ftw +1 etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

+1

No, I wandered into the GPO for nothing on Monday, and it was quiet enough. I wouldn't go near club K though, thats the same crowd that manages fibbers if I'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement

I'm amazed folks :eek: Has Rip Off Ireland turned a corner??????

I'm amazed folks :eek: Has Rip Off Ireland turned a corner??????

Obviously not.... are you not following my first post?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Obviously not.... are you not following my first post?

Obviously not :pac:, still astonished that there was a freebie to be taken advantage of during race week and I wasn't told :pac::pac::pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

GPO was free two nights ago as well, but didn't collect any stamps for other venues. ClubK is nearly always empty anyway....wouldn't even consider it as a last resort to be honest.

Where's Club K?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

I think all the clubs were giving out free tickets on Monday and Tuesday. I had a walk up shopstreet at 10ish and was force-offered stamps from a good few promo teams.

Didn't venture up on Wednesday or Thursday but I'd say they were charging alright.
    Where's Club K?
    That's Kennedy's on Eyre Square right? New name I assume.

But had a look at their (bebo) website there and check out their profile image....!!! :eek:

5863921834a7691639485ml.jpg
    (http://www.bebo.com/clubkgalway)

Also "ALL DRINKS €2.50"? Was anyone in there? - just to confirm that that's not true either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

bout halfway between Cuba and Hibernian House

That's a club?

Not that i'd ever think about going there by choice, but the way we were treated last night means i'll never even think about going there again. Blatent false advertising and pure greed, nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 salthill

id write into one of the local papers. hit them where it hurts with negative publicity. was there before-dump

Advertisement