Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York

Options
  • 01-08-2008 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Hey folks I am heading to New York at the end of the year. Is there any real batgains to be had buying over there do you feel ? and also has anybody bought stuff in New York and where would you recommend me shopping ??

All advice welcome and Appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I hear a lot of good things about R&A Cycles who are in Brooklyn. Yes, there are real bargains to be had- on complete bikes in particular I reckon. Even more so if you can get something in an end-of-year sale (although they tend to start before the end of the year.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I was going to say that Blorg :pac:
    They have a few videos of their shop and warehouse on their site ...
    You MUST go to R&A Cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Sounds good to me !! cant wait I have been putting a few bob by for the last few months, I am going for New Years Eve and will have pots of money so might even buy another bike hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Would have to third that,its an Alladin's cave,bring lots of money.

just been on their website, oh dear I am in trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    just been on their website, oh dear I am in trouble

Me too. If they ship I'm really screwed. (Homer Simpson voice) "Mmmmm...Bianchi Pista.....aaawwwrrrghh...."

ha love it, i have been drewling at the Treks, and the Felt F1
    oh crap i am gonna be dumped in New York ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

They ship but with shipping, duty and VAT you will often not come out any cheaper. If you buy in New York and bring back on the plane you have a better chance of avoiding the tax.

Pista is a nice looking bike but heavier than your Langster unionman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

blorg wrote: »
    Pista is a nice looking bike but heavier than your Langster unionman!

I know, but look at her, she's beautiful...drool...

The Langster is going to be around for a good while yet though. Sure she's lighter than the Cayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Friend of mine got a Giant TT Aero 2 (2006) with pedals shiped for 970 all in.

What you do is ring them up and to avoid the tax they put demo bike on the box when its being shipped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement