Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney spitting incident

• 01-08-2008 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Just seen the old bill are questioning Rooney over a spitting incident with a photographer whilst leaving a restaurant Tuesday night.Cant for the life of me stand anyone spitting at another person on or off the field.It's the lowest form of a scumbag you can get IMO.Hopefully the lad learns from this and stops acting the thug.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I would say Paparazzi < spitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Just seen the old bill are questioning Rooney over a spitting incident with a photographer whilst leaving a restaurant last night.Cant for the life of me stand anyone spitting at another person on or off the field.It's the lowest form of a scumbag you can get IMO.Hopefully the lad learns from this and stops acting the thug.

Lowest?

Being a junkie when you have kids to look after.

Leaving your kid in hospital for weeks without ever visiting them.

Drink driving.

Rape.

Mugging.

Mindless vandalism of someones property.

Pissing on a dying person while your mate records it on his phone cause it would look great on youtube....

Anyone care to add some?

Plenty of things FAR WORSE, imo, than spitting at someone who is invading your privacy some they can make a fast buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's the lowest form of a scumbag you can get IMO. Hopefully the lad learns from this and stops acting the thug.
    I hate photographers too but calling them scumbags isn't on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Didn't think you sink any lower than playing for the Mancs

That really is the gutter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Why is this in soccer?

It should be in news or Celeb. Or not anywhere at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Didn't think you sink any lower than playing for the Mancs

That really is the gutter

Death or Glory yellow card,its mild but still its posts like this that can start a flame war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The Paparazzi are the lowest form of life on this earth. A kitten doesn't die every time one of them gets their camera broken, spat on or kicked in the nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'd have sympathy if it was Ryan Giggs getting chased by photographers because he avoids the limelight. However once someone sells their wedding photos for 3mill they are fair game imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Agreed. Paparazzi are there to protect us from celebrity oafs. I'm all for them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Why is this in soccer?

It should be in news or Celeb. Or not anywhere at all.

He's a high profile footballer, that's why.
    Tauren wrote: »
    Lowest?

Being a junkie when you have kids to look after.

Leaving your kid in hospital for weeks without ever visiting them.

Drink driving.

Rape.

Mugging.

Mindless vandalism of someones property.

Pissing on a dying person while your mate records it on his phone cause it would look great on youtube....

Anyone care to add some?

Plenty of things FAR WORSE, imo, than spitting at someone who is invading your privacy some they can make a fast buck.

You've got to be kidding me,
    to defend your precious united player you have to pretend you though the OP was being completely literal and thought there is nothing worse in the whole world than spitting,
    Nobody actually thinks it's the worst thing in the whole world it's just really really scummy, grow up, you know what he meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mayordenis wrote: »
    He's a high profile footballer, that's why.

You've got to be kidding me,
    to defend your precious united player you have to pretend you though the OP was being completely literal and thought there is nothing worse in the whole world than spitting,
    Nobody actually thinks it's the worst thing in the whole world it's just really really scummy, grow up, you know what he meant.

No, you grow up.

If the OP doesn't want what he has said taken in a particular way, then he should be more carefull about how he structures his posts. The language used was definitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just seen the old bill are questioning Rooney over a spitting incident with a photographer whilst leaving a restaurant Tuesday night.Cant for the life of me stand anyone spitting at another person on or off the field.It's the lowest form of a scumbag you can get IMO.Hopefully the lad learns from this and stops acting the thug.

He's being questioned. Who's to say he did it?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Have I missed something,is he making a habit of acting like a thug?

Anyway, Im generally on the United bashing bandwagon but not here, I like Rooney and hate paparazzi, if I were him or any other professional player for that matter Im sure Id lash out at them at some stage in my career too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Personally, I blame Ronaldo :p

I agree with whoever said this should be in celebrity forum, or nowhere. If he spits at someone on the pitch, fair enough. This is just gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Tom65 wrote: »
    Personally, I blame Ronaldo :p

I agree with whoever said this should be in celebrity forum, or nowhere. If he spits at someone on the pitch, fair enough. This is just gossip.

Well actually it's not gossip. It's fact. He spat on the guy and IMO that's something i personally think is disgusting. Hell maybe im wrong .To the poster being smart and comparing it to rape etc....grow the hell up will ya. Rooney puts himself in the publics eye with rubbish like selling his wedding to magizines etc... and then when he does something like this we are all supposed to brush it under the carpet like it never happend? Sorry but i dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Well actually it's not gossip. It's fact. He spat on the guy and IMO that's something i personally think is disgusting. Hell maybe im wrong .To the poster being smart and comparing it to rape etc....grow the hell up will ya. Rooney puts himself in the publics eye with rubbish like selling his wedding to magizines etc... and then when he does something like this we are all supposed to brush it under the carpet like it never happend? Sorry but i dont think so.

I'm not saying it's right that he spat, I just don't think it's worth discussing. We can argue over Rooney's football ability, but I don't think anyone would disagree he has certain, shall we say, temperament issues. Can we not all just agree that spitting at a photographer isn't nice and move on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

topnutz wrote: »
    Have I missed something,is he making a habit of acting like a thug?

Anyway, Im generally on the United bashing bandwagon but not here, I like Rooney and hate paparazzi, if I were him or any other professional player for that matter Im sure Id lash out at them at some stage in my career too.

I'm all for people throwing a dig or whatever when cornered or threatrened but spitting is a knacker, scumbag thing to do in any situation.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I'm all for people throwing a dig or whatever when cornered or threatrened but spitting is a knacker, scumbag thing to do in any situation.
    Agreed. Typicial knacker thing to do no matter what way you look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Agreed. Typicial knacker thing to do no matter what way you look at it

Maybe the paparazzi dude was on fire, and Rooney was trying to extinguish the flames with no water source near by.... Nobody knows the circumstances so we cant comment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It is the lowest form, but whats more annoying than a group of photographers following you 24/7, i know its there job but still it would be annoying as ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It is the lowest form, but whats more annoying than a group of photographers following you 24/7, i know its there job but still it would be annoying as ****

I'm willing to try it out for £100k a week.

So.Be a man and throw a punch.Doesnt excuse him one little bit that the press are on him 24/7. There's just something about spitting at another person that is to me the sign of a scumbag...doesnt matter if he's from finglas,foxrock or if he's a pro footballer. Disgusting.Lost a lot of respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

anyone even NEARLY condoning spitting on anyone is an idiot tbh.

i got spat on by a friend of mine once while playing ball as a kid :(

needless to say, he is no longer my friend. spitting is ****ing scummy.

Advertisement