Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Barrier Free Tolling - Which company

Options
  • 01-08-2008 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello with the advent of Barrier Free Tolling I am wondering which compay to purchase my electronic tag from

EFlow , Eazy Pass, Etrip, Pass Direct, Eirtag or ParkMagic
    Aprt from the cost assoicated with each one I am also concerned about the size of the tags. I recently saw an eTrip tag in a Taxi and they are
    very small. Much smaller than the Eazy Pass tag.
    Any opionions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

I got etrip and it works without problems. Also got €25 free parking with it for QPark Car Parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Parkmagic/Tolltag.ie appear from their publicity shots to be using the exact same tag unit as eTrip, so it'll also have the size advantage of the massive eazypass units.

I've an eTrip, the startup costs are high to get the low monthly rate but as I've had it ages that doesn't matter anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I have an eTrip and used it today for the first time, no problems. If I remember, it arrived quite quickly in the post. Some of the lads at work have ordered an EazyPass tag or some other tag but their's seem to have been delaying being sent.

I purchased my eTrip tag instead of renting it which is a more expensive outlay than EazyPass. I can't seem to remember why I opted for eTrip over EazyPass, but I know there was some reason. As far as I know, if you just choose tolling, its 0.50c a month rathern than 1 euro.

I also think there is a deal with the AA and eTrip where you can save money off your AA membership.

Advertisement