Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring up telephone with caller id

Options
  • 01-08-2008 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Right so here is the problem:

I have a pbx wired through the house and it works fine with the old standard phones.. We bought some BT Converse 1300 phones and they are great, but I cant seem to get the caller Id to work on them. I am wondeing if anyone knows how to wire up the english phones to work on the irish pbx system to get the caller id to work.

I have the two inside wires coming out of all points, so I just need to know how to wire that up to the english phone with the converter..

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Dylan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Caller Id and PBX's are a funny issue/ Some PBX's offer caller ID, some only on digital lines, some only with an added card and some on the priority phones. Your pbx might not have the option to offer caller ID to SLT cordless phones. Can you tell us a little more about the system

Make and Model
    Number of Lines
    Type of lines
    Number of Extension
    Type of Extensions (are they key phone or standard)

Cheers..

Advertisement