Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I play....

• 01-08-2008 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

with a capo on the third fret what chords am I playing if I play an F and a C?

Are they all just variations of C? Or can anyone give me the specific chord names?

Please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Just bring each chord up 3 half steps.
    F>F#>G>G#
    C>C#>D>D#

So if you play an F chord with a capo on 3, you are playing a G#, and if you play a C chord it will be a D#.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 amoeba_girl

Oh, right, that seems pretty obvious now.

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

wait just a cotton pickin minute here!! this is like the tonne of feathers/tonne of stones trick question!!

surely if your playing an F chord and a C chord then your playing an F and a C!!!

your tomfoolery doesnt catch me out!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I think she means if she plays those SHAPES with the capo on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 me!

even though your fingers are playing an F chord or a C chord when you put on a capo you shorten the string and therefore the pitch is raised. for each fret you add a semi-tone to the pitch of the chord so it is correct that C would be Dsharp and F would be Gsharp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement