Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singapore Noodles

• 01-08-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a tried & tested recipe for Singapore noodles? I have yet to be able to replicate the chinese restaurant dish at home, despite many attempts. I have all the ingredients - strips of chicken, dried prawns, chinese red pork, beanshoots, a little red pepper and some onion, curry powder, vermicelli noodle. The flavour is there, but the result is often a bit wet. I want loose, slightly oily noodles that have taken up the colour from the tumeric in the curry powder. I soak the noodles in boiling water, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking, then drain and dry on a clean tea towel before adding to the wok - result - slightly wet colourless noodles.:confused::confused::confused:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I think there is a slightly powder-y texture to the stuff you get in restaurants.

Are you putting in enough curry powder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Adding plenty of curry powder. I usually add the curry powder to the meat/veggies, then add the noodles. Just watched a videojug demonstration where they cooked the noodle with the curry powder in a clean wok before adding the previously cooked meat/veggies. Will try that for a change.

Advertisement