Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 2nd August

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

If I'm at HC dog track at 9 tomorrow then I'll tag along. Otherwise I won't. I'll be wearing my boards jersey!

So, what route did you take? Am curious if some of you were in the group that passed me while I was panting my way up Stocking Lane at around 12pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hi, Thanks for good spin today. WAS a bit rusty for sure and thankfully did not agree to go on to Wicklow Gap. Returned home via Roundwood etc. with El Tonto and the lads. Enjoyed it but was hanging on at the end. The flipping bee/ wasp sting in the mouth going up Sally Gap was just another thing - the bits of my mouth that didn't sting, went numb and swelled up! OK other than that, really enjoyed it and will see all soon - maybe Monday?
    Stats: Elapsed 7:00 (08:10- 15:10), Cycling: 4:55:56, Dist: 122.81, Max: 70.9, Ave: 24.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Cadex wrote: »
    The flipping bee/ wasp sting in the mouth going up Sally Gap was just another thing - the bits of my mouth that didn't sting, went numb and swelled up!

Ouch!!!! I hope you're ok ...

Well I turned back with Tiny in Enniskerry ( I had that stomach bug this week and wasn't feeling the best, plus I still have to swap these Zipps wheels that are a pain in the hills ) Plus we didnt want to scare you guys off with our amazing climbing skills that barely no one can match :D

We went up Killiney 'hill' or I should say 'slight incline' ( come on that's NOT a hill) :pac:

Still managed 82 km ( did a couple of laps in the park on the way back) ... I will catch up tomorrow and do a real spin with real hills ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Emty and myself went on for an epic spin: 167km, 2,500m climbing.

th_CyclingWicklow02-08-2008Route.png th_CyclingWicklow02-08-2008Elevation.png

All psyched up now for my triathlon tomorrow morning :D (I will be around for a spin after this if anyone is going out later than first thing in the morning.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Note to self;do not let Blorg decide which way to head home!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Thanks Caroline, I'm grand. What's the deal with the Zipp wheels? I thought they would be even better than my basic-ish ones? Won't be out tomorrow, maybe Monday. Enjoy yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

You people are insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Cadex wrote: »
    What's the deal with the Zipp wheels? I thought they would be even better than my basic-ish ones? quote]

They're a bit heavy compared to my Roval Fusees and quite bad with the wind. Need to get the tools to remove the block. They're brilliant on flat though! Will prob still head out tomorrow and change them when I am back from my 10 days in France... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Sounds like you had a nice spin blorg! Can't make it again tomorrow but if there's a spin going out around noon on Monday (F*ckers are making me work the morning...) I'm all for it!

You know you want to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

Thanks for the spin today guys, worked out at 115km and 1435m of climbing for me. Good fun with blorg, (insert handle of a certain chap who definitely ate his Weetabix) and cadex putting in bursts on all the hills....highlight might however be 6 of us fighting for (Weetabix man)'s wheel on Sally Gap...like something you'd see in the final kilometres of a flat Tour stage :D
    Nice spin back for the 4 of us through Roundwood and Djouce to finish off the day.

Sean

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Who was Weetabix man???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

el tonto wrote: »
    Who was Weetabix man???
    I think the guy on the Giant (sorry, don't recall your name!) He was powering up the hills anyway. Of course you were doing repeats waiting for the rest of us :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »
    I think the guy on the Giant (sorry, don't recall your name!)

You mean the guy in the blue jersey? Is that petethedrummer?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

The mention of hill repeats makes me suspect that my Weetabix man = el tonto...
    I also seem to recall that the guy on the giant was peter...but I'm not very good with names so thats probably wrong.

Ah, hill repeats was me alright. I was the one attired in shocking pink.

Advertisement