Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Post in Cork

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I'm moving into a new place and I tend to do alot of online ordering. Previously I've been in student accomodation where they dropped it into the office. Now I'm in a proper house, what will I do? I won't be in every morning and I'm wondering what'll happen if there's nobody there to take it. Is there some kind of a special bin I can get maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

If it is being delivered through An Post, they will leave a slip of paper saying which post office the package will be held at and when you can collect it. If it is a courier, they will give you a ring and ask what to do. Occasionally, they will dump the package on the porch/side of the road without telling you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

See one time something wasn't delivered I had to go to that big depot that's on the south ring road. It was the most frustratingly difficult thing to get to. No buses got there and I couldn't figure out how to get to it on foot, was walking around for hours. Ended up getting a Taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

why not ask your local post office to receive it for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

why not ask your local post office to receive it for you?

Does anyone know what the nearest post office to Turners Cross is?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

On a related note, I was very surprised the first time I tried to go to the postoffice in Cork at lunchtime. Is it the only spot in the country where the PO still closes for lunch, I've never experienced it before despite living all over the place.

Advertisement