Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB guide

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭

right i've rebuilt my aegs gearboxes up/down graded their power made them fire more per second etc. i though i was ettingf the hang of this game and now i see a throwaway comment from motosam that excel bbs are smaller

so does that mean they get less hop spin?

that makes sense

vetec sez that excels are highly polished , that must be why they feed perfectly in my p90 high cap whichiws a fussy beast but only the 0.2s i fibd the0.25s get stuck every so often

so what is the story with bb's i am ot the stage where i only use eccels in my aegs (eccept the jg g36c which will fire any old crap) but why

are there any good black bbs?
    any good bio bbs?

what makes a good bb polish ? size?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ah, must dig up that AI article....

Yes, excels are the smallest common bb afaik. Think they average at 5.92mm(They're all smaller than 6 on average). There are heavier bbs intended for snipers that get up to 5.99. Its not really a big deal most of the time except for in a few guns. Eg. The KSC M11A1, excels simply will NOT work. They're just too small and will fire out the top of the ejection port aswell as the barrel and one will end up getting rammed in beside the bolt. However, if put say blaster green .28s in it it cycles perfectly with 0 issues. There are other guns with such problems, but I cant remember which atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Great topic :D

I'd like to know about the Ultra Ultra High Percission BB's.
    Whats different about them. I plan on getting an APS-3 pistol and
    possibly an APS rifle sometime. At 10m they boost of getting 30mm groups
    if using the ultra high quality BB's. How are they different.

I used to spray everyplace on my AEG with Si Oil before and sometimes
    gave the BB's a quick spray until someone mentioned NEVER Lube the hop
    up rubber as its friction is essential for the back spin.

With that said why would you want your BB's Polished? would not non-polished
    BB's be better for passing through a Hopup unit?

Is the polished BB's purpose to cause less air resistance or something.

Bio degradable BB's I've found shatter more than non Biodegradable.
    I dont think thats an Danger even if wearing a mesh mask as the fragments
    I've collected in the past are still to big to fit through the mesh but its a difference
    all the same and you never know!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

polish stops them jamming up in the mags
    the hop still spins them nice
    precision bbs will be very regular so will behave in a very regular manner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Roundess, size and surface texture all affect a BB.

You want the BB to be nice and smooth and round with no seems so that they feed properly and dont jam.

They should be smoothly polished, even though they are smooth and polished, the hopup still works because it's rubber on plastic which even with really really polished plastic, the rubber still has a good bit of friction on it. I've yet to find any BBs which are above 5.95mm but I think some of the Digicon/Straight .30s are 5.98/5.99.

what bbs do you use in your p90?

have you had feeding issues with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tigger wrote: »

My teamate Danny has a TM P90 and he uses excel .2s and has tried ksc .2s. Both fed very well. As long as there is a little silicon in the mag you should have no problem.

One sec...

AHA! As part of project cyclops AI did a bit on BBs, but its all sniper weights. If you're a sniper, Maruzen .29 Grand Masters(5.989[practically 5.9 KD]) are the best, but thats no use for you. Just avoid Digicon (5.880)!

There's probably one on .2s, google might be an idea.

the 0.2 excels feed fine but the 0.25 are a pain
    shouldn't they be similar in size?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I have a fair selection of bbs - the .23g and .25g 1st Target Bio-degradable bbs I have are somewhat rough. They work very well in my GBB mag, and seem to be quite accurate, but jam up consistently in my mid-cap AEG mags (not in the hi-caps). I also have King Bio black bbs, which are .25g and I find them to be good. I tend not to use them exclusively because I don't have very many.

In my limited experience, I think that Bioval are the best biodegradable bb at any weight: Eirsoft have them at .2g. G&G seem to be ok, and King Bio. Personally, I'm trying to get a good source of .25g, because I think I'd like to standardise on that weight. Ask Lemming, he's very knowledgable about bio bbs.

If you or anyone else wants to try out any of my small selection of bbs at HRTA any time, just ask Paul/Nonex, if I'm there then he'll point me out.

kevteljeur wrote: »
    If you or anyone else wants to try out any of my small selection of bbs at HRTA any time, just ask Paul/Nonex, if I'm there then he'll point me out.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Tigger wrote: »

Yea, I had issues with different types of BBs before feeding in the high cap mags, I used excel .23s and .25s in it now with no problems, can empty a whole mag without a single jam, have also had no problems with .20s.

• Advertisement

i find the excel 0.2s grand and had been using the 0.25s but the last week i wet out to a skirmish and only brought the p90 with two hi-caps filled with .25 excels and they gave me real heartache donno whether it was a bad batch of .25s but.

Advertisement