Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Lunch in Waterford City

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Woodgate if you want to bring your dad for a tasty lunch dinner (mash, veg and meat type of thing) I highly recommend Becketts out the Dunmore Road (outskirts of the city). It is my favourite haunt at the moment for a dinner. A lot of places can be hit and miss but I've always been content with any dinner I get in Becketts.

http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/becketts_bar_and_restaurant.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

The Granary Cafe at Waterford Tresures offers one of the best breakfasts - and lunches - in town. Good quality ingredients, free top ups of coffee. Great place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

the city really doesnt have a good lunch venue imo.

what i look for is honest to goodness home cooked food. if im looking for salad its farmhouse, not balsamic dressed leaves. dont get me wrong, thats fine for a night time meal, but during the day i want to be refuelled!

i like more than one veggie option (because sometimes we can overdose on the pasta:rolleyes:) friendly, accomodating staff, seating areas that are sectioned to give a degree of intimacy/privacy (oh and i prefer table service!) and to be honest if i got all this i wouldnt be too fussy about what they were charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

table service & Good Food @ Lunch
    Bodega
    Sabai
    Espresso

self serivce good food
    Revolution
    Geoffs
    Kazbar

good for a sandwich
    O'Briens
    bagel factory

good coffee
    geoffs
    lattitude
    revolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

I almost always head to Café Lucia for lunch. Its not too dear and the food is really yummy. The menu is a bit small though, that'd be the only down side. Or maybe I just go too often and have tried everything :D
    The pesto chicken salad with foccacia bread is seriously to die for!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement