Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Berbatov stay?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

I mean he was frustrated as hell at the lack of service he had but the squad is looking genuinely exciting at this stage, no guarantees but I'd say a top 4 place is becoming a more and more realistic aim, and we must be amongst favourites for the UEFA. We may not have ManYoo's expectations but we do look twice the team we were last season. Ramos is cutting the fat and bringing in fast and aggressive players. Some cover at the back is a must but I have to say that few teams boast a back 4 as good as Bale-King-Woody-Hutton.

Would Berbs be a starter at OT? The best he could hope for is some form of rotation system with Tevez and Rooney. But Berbs could play behind Bent to form a pretty formidable strikeforce. I just think the team that he'd be choosing to leave is a very different team to the team that he looked constantly pissed off at.

I know a lot of you would just prefer to see him gone at this stage. I wouldn't. I'd be delighted to keep him here and keep him happy. He will have top quality service and I reckon he can bang em in for us and I figure with Modric, Arshavan (maybe), Dos Santos, Bentley et al, he will still be the jewel in our crown. I don't know if he'll be as successful amongst Fergie's 'stars'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Outside chance of him staying I'd imagine but I'd be happy if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As much as i would love berba to stay i'm afraid your in dreamland,

I think Fergie is playing it slow waiting for the window to come to a close then he'll go in for him, I personally don't think we could sign a replacement of the same standard with the 30m so i will pray that you're right budd

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I think a lot will depend on whether we buy either Arshavin or Pavlyuchenko or even both.

If we get them, then Levy is deffo gonna want to recoup at least €25m from selling Berbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

He's deffo gonna go , he's been left in the stands watching norwich and orient , ramos doesn't want to play him anymore i reckon because the berb has told him he wants out ...hope i 'm wrong because i'd love it if the berb stayed , were looking in great shape before the season starts.

Please god we dont get 4 pts from 6 games like in the last 2 seasons , we need to hit the ground running bigtime , 6pts going in to the chelsea game at the bridge..fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

yiddo wrote: »
    Outside chance of him staying I'd imagine but I'd be happy if he did.
    you would be happy but i don't think berbatov would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Do you really want him repeating his performance in the Celtic game for the first few months of the season like last year? Our most talented player by far but he isn't interested in playing for us , full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

hotspur wrote: »
    Do you really want him repeating his performance in the Celtic game for the first few months of the season like last year? Our most talented player by far but he isn't interested in playing for us , full stop.
    dead right lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Berbatov just dose not enjoy playing for spurs anymore, he is one of the best in the business but its time to cash in it pains me to say that cause with the attacking midfield options available now the quality of ball to him will be a whole lot better than last term .

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

i know you guys have only played the likes of norwich but to be honest i think Daz Bent is lookin sharp he could be a gem for you this season, especially with the delivery of modric and gio is lookin great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

ciaranmul wrote: »
    i know you guys have only played the likes of norwich but to be honest i think Daz Bent is lookin sharp he could be a gem for you this season, especially with the delivery of modric and gio is lookin great too!

We cant survive on Bent alone this season - the Russians look like they want to wipe out their national debt in the fees they are looking for.

Agree though Berba had another puss on him yesteday - and looks like Robbie with all the arm waving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement