Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journey - Revelation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

How did Journey get so popular recently? Five years ago, they were a complete laughing stock, now, everyone seems to like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Paulb_Boards.ie

Blisterman wrote: »
    How did Journey get so popular recently? Five years ago, they were a complete laughing stock, now, everyone seems to like them.

Hmmm, well, 5 years ago, i loved them. I don't think they were ever a laughing stock. They just needed to be rediscovered. Too many good artists and bands get tossed aside in favour of the new ones, but eventually, the tide brings back in the older greats, and they become more popular than they were before :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

Blisterman wrote: »

Don't stop believing was in the final episode of the sopranos & an episode of scrubs, radio stations just started playing it as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Paulb_Boards.ie

'Ol wrote:
    Don't stop believing was in the final episode of the sopranos & an episode of scrubs, radio stations just started playing it as a result.

Yep, that's true. But it was also used for an episode of Family Guy, when Peter and the guys organised a karaoke night, and they started singing it. All this proves is that people out there still love this song, and they deem it important enough to include in their show. Then when people who watch the show hear the song in it, they want to get it. My one shame is that Journey have hundreds of amazing songs, but yet right now, only Don't Stop Believin' is getting any real worldwide credit. As much as i love the song, i do feel they have ones that are far superior.

Advertisement