Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WotLK release date semi-confirmed

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

From wowinsider.com

Not huge news, but for those of you waiting for WotLK (as much as me) then its good news all the same.

In an uncharacteristic display of candor, Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime confirmed during a conference call that the much-anticipated Wrath of the Lich King expansion will be released between October to December of this year. Shacknews quotes Morhaime saying, "we have said that it will be coming out this year," referring to earlier speculation stemming from a Vivendi press release. "I can tell you it's not coming in the July to September quarter," Morhaime states, and mentions that Beta testing "is going very well".

The confirmation of any release date is uncommon practice for Blizzard, whose common response to such questions is "when it's ready." Apparently, Blizzard is confident that Wrath of the Lich King will be ready within the year. From the polish that can be seen in the current Beta, this doesn't seem far from the truth. In the same conference call, Morhaime also discussed competing MMOs, the status of ongoing development (that is to say, very little information), and how World of Warcraft has been refined as a game over the past four years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

xmas release i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I'm betting January :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Late November would make the most sense from a sales point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Hanza wrote: »
    Late November would make the most sense from a sales point of view.

you think that for games.. for the christmass sles, but since its an expansion.. 95% of people are going to get it the first 2 weeks its out anwyays, so really.. anytime they release it will be a good time...

Maybe they might get a few new costumers from presents ect..

I for one gonna go and try and grab the collectors edition of the game.. i really want that pet.

im kinda sitting on a fence, just starting to get my toons epic gear and this expenasion will hit and make my gear obsolete. im sure its a lot worse for better geared players than me.

im thinking of just rolling a dk when the expansion hits and maybe leveling one of my 70's to 80 and keeping one at 70 for the raids i havent seen yet for 70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

copeyhagen wrote: »
    im kinda sitting on a fence, just starting to get my toons epic gear and this expenasion will hit and make my gear obsolete. im sure its a lot worse for better geared players than me.

im thinking of just rolling a dk when the expansion hits and maybe leveling one of my 70's to 80 and keeping one at 70 for the raids i havent seen yet for 70.

No one will do any lvl 70 raids once WOTLK comes out, same as when TBC came out, the level 60 raid dungeons were all but abandoned. Apart from the odd novelty pug, but most of them are with level 70 characters anyway.

i was thinking that but then i was thinking, for all the pre bc raid you needed to be attuned for them. theres a possibility that a fair group of people might keep an alt at 70 to enjoy the current raids. i wanna do gruul and mag before wotlk comes out if thats the case that no one will do the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i was thinking that but then i was thinking, for all the pre bc raid you needed to be attuned for them. theres a possibility that a fair group of people might keep an alt at 70 to enjoy the current raids. i wanna do gruul and mag before wotlk comes out if thats the case that no one will do the old ones.

Well get there now man, cos Gruul and Maggy are gonna be two lonely bastards when the expansion hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

toxick wrote: »
    I for one gonna go and try and grab the collectors edition of the game.. i really want that pet.

What is the pet this time? I got the Collector's of BC - Netherdrake is ok but <3 Lurky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

WellyJ wrote: »
    No one will do any lvl 70 raids once WOTLK comes out, same as when TBC came out, the level 60 raid dungeons were all but abandoned. Apart from the odd novelty pug, but most of them are with level 70 characters anyway.

There's quite a few guilds that only do pretbc stuff around - 2 on my server, and I've seen a good few recruiting on various fora.

• Advertisement
Advertisement