Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blatter takes back "slave" comment

• 01-08-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

link: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3895258,00.html
    Sepp Blatter claims his controversial "slave" quotes on Cristiano Ronaldo were misquoted.

In an interview last month, the Fifa president called for Manchester United to allow the Portuguese winger to join Real Madrid, should he wish to do so.

Blatter said the Red Devils should not hold the player against his will, even though he was under contract.

He now claims that he never referred to Ronaldo specifically as a slave, but refuses to withdraw his claims that modern footballers need greater protection.

"I have never said that Ronaldo is a slave," Blatter told reporters on Wednesday during a visit to Vietnam.

"But I said slavery with young people, youngsters that European clubs are trying to get 13, 14 and 15 years old boys and bring them to the big clubs. This is in my expression, this is modern slavery.

"I have never mentioned that for Ronaldo.

"But the press, they have distorted it.

"Ronaldo is not a slave."

Blatter now hopes that the ongoing transfer saga surrounding Ronaldo will reach a conclusion which satisfies both United and Real.

"They will solve this problem," he said

"We have nothing to say, Fifa is not going to intervene, let it be as it is now."

ah nice to see he knows how to dig!! :D

Advertisement