Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd say basquille should be if he ever wants to see his copy of Firefly again!

(I kid, I kid... we'd get it back to you somehow else if you weren't able to make it :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mmm, could be doable, if i ever got over this current hangover, where is fureys though

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

irish-stew wrote: »
    mmm, could be doable, if i ever got over this current hangover, where is fureys though

:confused:

Was it worth it?

Fureys is on Bridge street, beside where shenannigans are doing the new development

Furey's = across the river from the Belfry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Xiney wrote: »
    Furey's = across the river from the Belfry

Do they still have the lovely squishy sofa in front of the fire? I haven't been in there in ages.

• Advertisement

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Was it worth it?

it wasn't bad, feeling slightly better now after some food, and vegitating on the sofa

sueme wrote: »
    Do they still have the lovely squishy sofa in front of the fire? I haven't been in there in ages.

I dunno! I've tried to go by memory but even I haven't been there since April or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I don't think I have ever been to Furey's.Always time for a first though.I wont be able to stay too long on Friday night,i have work at 9am on Saturday:(

On another note,has anyone heard how Fozzle got on at her wedding.I hope everything went to plan.I'm sure they are basking in sunshine right now in some sunny far away country...Oh how jealous I am.

hmmm.

come to think of it, didn't it rain a whole lot down in the south east while she was getting married!?

I hope everyone's ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Who's all up for the beers tomorrow night? Our babysitter has been booked so we'll be there!!! :D

• Advertisement

Mr Xiney and I will be there (um. duh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I shall be their,I'm working until 9:30 so it could be near to 10 by the time I am down.

I'm in sunny Cork (yeah, really, the sun like shines down here... its weird.), so won't be there, again. I am officially rubbish at "beers".

My daughter and nephew are not impressed Mr & Mrs Xiney are moving.

sueme wrote: »
    I'm in sunny Cork (yeah, really, the sun like shines down here... its weird.), so won't be there, again. I am officially rubbish at "beers".

My daughter and nephew are not impressed Mr & Mrs Xiney are moving.

You are sooooo lucky! Cork is our favourite spot! Happy holidays!

i'll call down for a bout an hour or so

ohh, sligo's 3rd beers, dont any one be making it offical or anything now

:D

Mrs.T wrote: »
    You are sooooo lucky! Cork is our favourite spot! Happy holidays!

I know, I think I may be an 120 year old British person at heart, I love Cobh. :eek:

Btw Fota Wildlife Park ROCKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

I cant make it I live in Dublin now :mad:
    I hope you and Mr Xiney have a great night (along with all the other boardsies!!)j
    I look forward to hearing about it!

hey guys, gonna have to give it a miss tonight, just in, and have to work tomorrow morning, xiney, hope you have a great time in galway, nice to meet ya, hope you all have a blast tonight

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I may make an appearance, can't stay long. Whats the secret handshake / code word?

The band at Furey's tonight were really great - Chunky Monkeys. Highly recommend!

• Advertisement

Glad you had a good night Mr & Mrs X, sorry I missed it. Am posting from floor of a house in Clare, in the dark, don't ask...

Thank you for a great night! It was great to meet you all. Hail, you are so not what I imagined you to be like, funny how you make a picture of somebody in your head........ so, ehm, did we look like people who are sitting on the discussion boards the whole day.

Xiney, what time is sushi ready?:D

Sueme, dark?, floor?, I'm ready for the story.....

1 pm Japanese cafe?!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry I couldn't make it last night.. am sick with a cold and while I thought I was over it, think it's gone down onto my chest now.

When are ye two leaving for Galway?

well, we'll be around until late next week but John's busy with work :(

I'll swing by with firefly this afternoon.

See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No worries Christine...

As you know, I work out by the IT so could just meet him at Regional Stores or something next week and collect it off him then. Have 'Bon Cop, Bad Cop' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Xiney wrote: »
    Chunky Monkeys.
    Mrs.T wrote: »
    Hail, you are so not what I imagined you to be like, funny how you make a picture of somebody in your head........

:(
    so, ehm, did we look like people who are sitting on the discussion boards the whole day.

Yup, you all looked exactly like I imagined ^_^

It was the name of the band, Chimpy!

• Advertisement

:(

Yup, you all looked exactly like I imagined ^_^

It was meant to be a compliment, I'd imagined you to have a baseball cap, oversized clothes - gangsta like! You pleasantly surprised me!

Advertisement