Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

waterboy15 wrote: »
    https://www.sligococo.ie/parking/ParkingMap/

That's most of the carparks in Sligo
    Following are not co co managed to my knowledge
    Cathedral, Adelaide group off wine st carpark, Parkes carpark, dunne's wine st & Adelaide st, quayside, glasshouse,

That's fantastic! Thanks for that! I am assuming that the wardens patrol cars parked on the streets, where paid parking is available also!?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

job seeker wrote: »
    That's fantastic! Thanks for that! I am assuming that the wardens patrol cars parked on the streets, where paid parking is available also!?

https://www.sligococo.ie/parking/OnStreetParkingCharges/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Has anyone bought any of the artificial xmas trees in Horkans? I am wondering what quality they are.

• Hello

My grandfather was born in Galway around 1900. Can I get his birth certificate in Markievicz House?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Hello

My grandfather was born in Galway around 1900. Can I get his birth certificate in Markievicz House?

Thanks

hope this might be of help? :

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/124a70-apply-for-certificates/

"Certificates of birth, death, marriage and civil partnership can be obtained from the General Register Office or from your local civil register offices.

You can find a list of local civil register offices here. "

• Advertisement

I see that there are layout markings on the road in Mullaghmore, I assume that they are widening footpaths to allow for outdoor dining. Any idea when this will begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

Can anyone tell me what the apartments in Market house in Sligo town are like. I see a few for sale is it a nice area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

ashleec4 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the apartments in Market house in Sligo town are like. I see a few for sale is it a nice area?

It's a high rental, densely populated & very central area so I wouldn't describe it as 'nice' as such. But it is convenient for town living. Only mins to all the shopping streets/centers. Really depends on what your looking for.
    Apartments can be nosy when neighbors are having parties etc

(sound does travel). 2 restaurants on the door steps.

It's next to 'High street' which is currently run down with a lot of empty units but should improve if it gets developed.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

can anyone shed some light on the god awful smell of raw sewerage on the inner relief road around the Lord Edward Street - I mean like this was not just a smell of manure or blocked drain it was so bad it would make you gag! - that bad

so , next thing i carried on Home driving along the N4 jast after Carraroe but before Ballisodare turn off an 2 fire engines there , a paramedic van , a Garda car and 3 Gardai standing around, cones filtering the 2 carriageways into single file yet no smashed cars or anything that I could see ... can anyone share anything on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

so , next thing i carried on Home driving along the N4 jast after Carraroe but before Ballisodare turn off an 2 fire engines there , a paramedic van , a Garda car and 3 Gardai standing around, cones filtering the 2 carriageways into single file yet no smashed cars or anything that I could see ... can anyone share anything on that?

Crash - I saw 2 cars at least involved - one hit the other from behind & blocked a lane for a while.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Advertisement

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Crash - I saw 2 cars at least involved - one hit the other from behind & blocked a lane for a while.

oh right thanks I didnt see the cars when i drove past , I was wondering maybe if if it was some kind of training exercise or something

• Anyone know if any local shops/supermarkets selling mackerel pate in small plastic or tin single catering packs. Thanks

Anyone know if any local shops/supermarkets selling mackerel pate in small plastic or tin single catering packs. Thanks

food centre in cleveragh retail park worth a try ? - might be

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The Asian store on Pearse Rd. I'm sure I saw it there.

• sligojoek wrote: »
    The Asian store on Pearse Rd. I'm sure I saw it there.

Thanks for that Joe. never been in there, I normally use the Asian store near JFK Parade. I'll pop in there tomorrow. Cheers too Andy, they didn't have any when I was in recently but it's the kinda store that might get it in if you ask them.

thats OK , sounds lovely anyway - wouldnt mind trying it myself if you find out where to get it 👍

Thanks for that Joe. never been in there, I normally use the Asian store near JFK Parade. I'll pop in there tomorrow. Cheers too Andy, they didn't have any when I was in recently but it's the kinda store that might get it in if you ask them.

Let me know how you get on. Don't want to send you on a wild goose chase. Your man is sound.

Out if interest, what are you using it for?

Let me know how you get on. Don't want to send you on a wild goose chase. Your man is sound.

Will do, I pass that shop pretty regular so it will be a good reason to check it out. Just getting ready for the summer salad season : )

if its actual catering packs you are looking for though I cannot help thinking value Centre cash and carry at Finisklin Road (think they used to be mangans) but i should imagine you would need to have an account there and spend a certain amount? Phone number is : 071 916 1072 if you want to give them a try see if they have some?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭dakar

You may not be interested, but mackeral pate is unbelievably easy to make if you have access to a food processor.

We use Lidl smoked mackeral, Lidl cream cheese (their version of Philadelphia, the full fat Classic one), a squeeze of lemon juice and a good twist of black pepper. Blitz til it's at the desired smoothness.

As good as any I've had from a shop and way cheaper.

EDIT to add, this also works brilliantly for salmon pate. Again from Lidl, either the hot smoked salmon fillets, or smoked salmon, or a mix of both with the cream cheese/lemon/pepper. Guess what I'm having this evening...

• Advertisement

• @Dakar. That sounds fab! I'll def be making that in the next few days for sure. Thanks for that!

Hi Joe, I checked that out. I think what you seen was a sardine purée in a small can, but many thanks for the possible heads up, much appreciated. Close but no cigar! : ) And it's also good to check the place out, been nearly 20 years since I've been in there. Cheers!

Hi Joe, I checked that out. I think what you seen was a sardine purée in a small can, but many thanks for the possible heads up, much appreciated. Close but no cigar! : ) And it's also good to check the place out, been nearly 20 years since I've been in there. Cheers!

That's a pity. Great shop otherwise. I never come out empty handed. Even if it's just a fistfull of chillies for a quid. Same weight in Tesco would cost a fiver.

I could be totally wrong here but while passing the bus station on Lord Ed St today and with the corner of my I caught the billboard and it seemed to be advertising a hindi restaurant opening. Again I could be completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I could be totally wrong here but while passing the bus station on Lord Ed St today and with the corner of my I caught the billboard and it seemed to be advertising a hindi restaurant opening. Again I could be completely wrong.
    You're right.. I saw it too. Can't recall the name.

Is it opening over the Railway Bar or was it a billboard on a bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is it opening over the Railway Bar or was it a billboard on a bus?
    It was on the billboard just at the bus station leading towards the new road... no indication of where it was opening.

Basq wrote: »
    It was on the billboard just at the bus station leading towards the new road... no indication of where it was opening.

Someone from around there said there had been work going on overhead the pub so you'd never know. Then again it could be the other side of town.

Either way a new choice of grub would be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Sounds lovely, silgo has great food an Indian restaurant would be amazing. I would definitely eat there on my next visit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Some of you may or may not know, but a member here and friend Mint Sauce passed away last Saturday 5th June

https://rip.ie/death-notice/christopher-gerard-stewart-sligo-town-sligo/460547

Rest in peace Christopher.

Advertisement