Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Evening peeps. Depressing weather isn't it? Anybody planning any hols in the very near future? Off to Bulgaria at the end of Sept and can't wait. All this constant rain, cloudy skies and awful wind is driving me mad/sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

DenMan wrote: »
    Evening peeps. Depressing weather isn't it? Anybody planning any hols in the very near future? Off to Bulgaria at the end of Sept and can't wait. All this constant rain, cloudy skies and awful wind is driving me mad/sad.
    *struggles through rain to reach computer*
    I'm heading to Germany for a weekend in October - there may not be sun, but there'll be beer! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

DenMan wrote: »

off to london for 12 days at the end of september, catch up with family and friends, do some shopping, celebrate my birthday, although the summer is finished, the weather will still be way better than it is here
    fozzle wrote: »
    *struggles through rain to reach computer*
    I'm heading to Germany for a weekend in October - there may not be sun, but there'll be beer! ^_^

welcome back mrs fozzle, how was the honeymoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

irish-stew wrote: »
    off to london for 12 days at the end of september, catch up with family and friends, do some shopping, celebrate my birthday, although the summer is finished, the weather will still be way better than it is here

Isn't there gale force winds over the water just now?

Fozzle, How did everything go? Do you feel like an honest woman? ;)

We are going nowhere :(, everybody is coming to us. All this week it was torrential rain the moment I stepped out the door for the school run and it stopped as soon as I got to the front door again!!:mad: Somebody up there is having a great laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Ah the weather today was gorgeous!!

Also, we are officially in Galway now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Shouldn't you change your location name to Gaillimh then?

Oh, I'm wondering where I can get some foam for a seat. Basically I have a 2 foot by 2 foot ish wooden base that I want to put foam over and turn it into a seat type thing. Anyone know where I can get some foam that would do the job for me? Mrs Fozzle, would they have some in your fine establishment? or mabye Bob o might have some in up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There is a place in Boyle if you don't find one in Sligo that sells foam, its in the arcade......quite expensive though.

Thanks for the welcome back kiddies. :) sadly I think it'd take a lot more than this to make me an honest woman ;)

Big_Mac, I'm afraid we don't sell anything like that - you're the millionth person to ask me for it. 2Seasons sell big huge cushions for deckchairs though - maybe you could hack one of them up?

Good lord, it seems I killed the chit-chat thread. Hmmmm, perhaps I can chat with myself..............

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

Good lord, it seems I killed the chit-chat thread. Hmmmm, perhaps I can chat with myself..............

Where has everyone disappeared to - you've caused the lurker to post :eek:

• Advertisement

Where has everyone disappeared to - you've caused the lurker to post :eek:
    A lurker, a lurker!

*grabs*

Now stay and amuse me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

heeelllllllloooooo

tubleweed.jpg

So some people haven't been here in a while. Lets start over. The Big Bang. Evening everyone.

Evening! ^_^

A lurker, a lurker!

*grabs*

Now stay and amuse me! ;)

I'm scared :eek: LOL!!!!!!

Seriously though its gotten really quiet around here, whats going on? I always logged in for the local news and views

I figure it's because the kids are back in school - parents aren't bringing them around the place in the county any longer, so there's not much to say.

I do miss the odd discussion of the weekender, since I can't get it here anymore. (Yeah, I know I could get it online, but... pfft effort)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Is the weekender even worth getting on paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Is the weekender even worth getting on paper?

Why not? I find it grand myself.
    Curious to know why you don't think it's worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I think Xiney described our newspapers very well the other day. I'll have to find the post! :D

Yeah twas funny alright but seriously though. Why the weekender hating?

I think it covers everything pretty much!
    The only reason i'd get the champion is if i wanted to see something in the property section.

Just me i guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ach I'll read it if it's there. I wouldn't rush out and buy any of them though tbh

Up until recently the Weekender's website was pretty up to date but it seems that has changed too!
    Shame!

I take it all back!

Todays edition of the Weekender is online!

You're right, the website is pretty much up to date. I wonder will that put people off buying the paper with the convenience of the interweb? Could herald a decline in circulation.

I also like The Weekender, especially since the Champion is never updated online anymore.
    Xiney I loved your description of the papers on the other thread!!

Originally Posted by Xiney View Post
    Anyone think that Sligo's newspapers are kind of like children?

The Weekender is the overexcited one that sees a TV show on dolphins and starts recounting it to his parents but misinterpreting half of what was said while the parents smile knowingly at the loud declarations that dolphins are so smart that they can do long division, the Champion is the older one who tiredly ruins the Weekender's fun by saying, "no they don't, you idiot"

And the Post is the slightly mentally challenged cousin who nobody passes much heed of and wishes he'd go back to his family in Donegal already.

Thanks for the reminder the new issue is online today Gillie :D Off I go to see whats happening in Sligo this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

am worried about the programme that said some wine is full of chemicals and my bottle of lansang champagne i was saving, was basically rubbish:eek:

Now i have the flue, not the sneezy running nose type, the one were your skin is onfire and your head hot and bursting.

cant trust the tv adds, flipping double strenght paracetamol with fast acting annadin, is def not working.

just feeling sorry for myself, any one spare a hug?

*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs*

Better? ;)

And don't mind that tv, sure what would they know? Enjoy your bubbles! They might cheer you up while you're sick :)

I only talk about Sligo's papers so much so that I have an excuse to bash the Post.

:D

Thanks for the reminder the new issue is online today Gillie :D Off I go to see whats happening in Sligo this week!

You could always look here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055051803&page=32

Linked. For your pleasure!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Actually now that you mention it I think it's the sligo post I hate. I hate the post for one main reason and that is when they do a test drive in the motoring section they always include a picture of the test driver sitting in the car leaning out the window. I don't care what the goon who test drove the car looked like or what pose he likes to drive the car in. Also the writing is quite poor and not just in the motoring section.

As for the weekender......haven't read it in years.

Champion.......nothing special, nothing bad.

Advertisement