Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm here, recovering from my day in Enniskillen...Marks and Spencers...heaven:D

What is Marks and Spencers like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Left the dentist on Thursday morning and I was just outside the clinic organizing myself when two people came up to me and asked me if I was the thief!!! I didn't have a feckin clue what they were on about, but it makes a bit more sense now..... aah one of life's little mysteries solved again

Oh dear, sorry if one of those was me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

il gatto wrote: »
    Yup. Sure is.
    il gatto wrote: »
    Yup. (makes low whistling noise).:)

Mmmhmm.

King_of_the_Hill_alley.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Mmmhmm.

King_of_the_Hill_alley.jpg

You've been stalking me? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dingding wrote: »
    What is Marks and Spencers like?

Marks is an alright kinda guy, quiet, but amiable. Spencer on the other hand, is a complete & utter knob jockey.

I was actually in a M&S supermarket recently - they had a range of "Gastropub" ready made foods. One of 'em was a 200g Steak & Kidney type pie. Now - it really wasn't THAT big & really wouldn't keep ya going for a day, but a half portion of the pie contained 55% of your daily recommended allowance of fat & 92% of your daily reommended aloowance of saturated fat. Heart attack central if ya knocked a whole one back after a night on the Guinesss!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Which in comparison, is probably a lot healthier than the 4 lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Which in comparison, is probably a lot healthier than the 4 lights.

:D

I liked Marks and Spencers, its a fairly smallish store but they are meant to be expanding it.
    They had a deal on of a dinner for two: main meal, veg, dessert and a bottle of wine for a tenner.
    They've got a cafe in there too, but the queue was out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I think this is ready to go into the chat thread now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

As happens every time the temperature gets within spitting distance of 0, we have run out of oil. Ran out Sunday morning, I am soooooooooooooooo cold. More due tomorrow, in the meantime, I have lit a fire. It's not helping :( Someone swap houses with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

fozzle wrote: »
    As happens every time the temperature gets within spitting distance of 0, we have run out of oil. Ran out Sunday morning, I am soooooooooooooooo cold. More due tomorrow, in the meantime, I have lit a fire. It's not helping :( Someone swap houses with me!

hasselhoff-hot-water-bottle.jpg

Don't say I never give you anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Aaaargh!! I feel for you! We ran out of oil on our first Christmas night in Ireland. We weren't too clued up about the whole oil business, our wee man was 3 months old and our friends came to escape their cold country at ours....... hm they haven't been back.......
    I'll bet after you get the oil there will be a heatwave!
    Trying to send a warm cloud to you........ did you get it?.....

^_^ Thank ladies, Sueme, that navy one may be the greatest hot-water bottle I've ever seen.

Things are looking up - I have built an epic construct of briquettes and logs in the fireplace (and it's blazing merrily) and I'm wrapped up in a sleeping bag with my knitting - tis almost snuggly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I feel for you! I'm moving in under 3 weeks so there was no point in getting oil for the house. If you move from the sitting room (where you have a HUGE fire - because I can't seem to light small fires) you turn into a block of ice. It's bloody freezing! :(

Oh no! Poor Takola! *sends warm hugs*

Oil is here ^_^

Good luck with the move Takola.
    This is the first year we've had central heating, its great.
    First year we've had an open fire too.
    At our old house it was warmer outside then it was inside.

How did you all get on for Halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I miss central heating :(

So much easier to keep the whole house comfortable - affordably.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Did anybody go to the football match tonight at the Showgrounds? I believe the gates opened at 6pm this evening. Big celebration as they (Sligo Rovers) are 80 years old now. Supposed to have been a great carnival atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Weren't they in financial trouble this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i did denman, good result, hopefully we can push for forth place and get the last uefa spot, hopefully though have done at least enough for a setanta cup spot next season

did you hear or read anything on the lastest fundraiser, want 1000 people to donate €2/week via direct debit, so hopefully wont have a repeat of this seasons cash problems, and local business' to donate at least €5

sounds interesting

yeah, but they still managed to avoid a relegation battle altogether (I'm looking at you, muffler :P) so despite financial troubles, a pretty good season.

Also, Mr Xiney is rambling about something to do with Setanta-cup-europe-stealing-my-thoughts

irish-stew wrote: »
    i did denman, good result, hopefully we can push for forth place and get the last uefa spot, hopefully though have done at least enough for a setanta cup spot next season

did you hear or read anything on the lastest fundraiser, want 1000 people to donate €2/week via direct debit, so hopefully wont have a repeat of this seasons cash problems, and local business' to donate at least €5

sounds interesting

It certainly is, well done guys. I wish I was from here, very exciting stuff. :)

The latest fundraiser annoys me. They shouldn't be in that trouble in the first place and looking for people for donations is wrong. What is going to happen next year. Not the way to run a football club.

2 euro a week isn't much, but it's the direct debit thing that irks me. It's automatic - you've chosen once for the whole year.

Mr Xiney probably paid close to 2 euro a week for last year - to enter the lottery. But it was his choice each and every single time.

And expecting over 100 quid a year off 1000 people = €100 000 = quite a lot of money to be asking for. But that's just my opinion.

You're right there Xiney, it's the direct debit that I have major peeves with. It's not the way to run things. Very off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Toffs last night anyone:D

Ugggggh so knackered.

I spent all day going through 400 addresses on a mail merge gone wrong (gotta love improperly entered database ****e!)

Then I stuffed envelopes, sealed them, stamped them.

Yes folks! I completed 4 years of University for this!

LOL

In other news, Mr Xiney and I are in Sligo for his graduation this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Congrats Mr X!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Rumour that the Clarion Hotel is about to close. Anyone hear this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I think thats not true.My flatmate is working there and didn't say anything about it.

Advertisement