Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

We met Magnumlady!!!!!! Thanks for stopping us. Hope you have recovered. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Mrs.T wrote: »
    We met Magnumlady!!!!!! Thanks for stopping us. Hope you have recovered. ;)

I look and sounded a sight! Just been to the dentist, nice to meet you though. You're little lad is so cute.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ok.... here's the deal. Went into Abrakebabra last night and ordered a burger. Got it with grated cheese. I remember going in there before and getting the same burger, albeit with cheese singles. Have to say the one with the grated cheese looked and tasted better. Is that an option during the night? or do they just give it to you with whatever cheese is available. Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

DenMan wrote: »
    Ok.... here's the deal. Went into Abrakebabra last night and ordered a burger. Got it with grated cheese. I remember going in there before and getting the same burger, albeit with cheese singles. Have to say the one with the grated cheese looked and tasted better. Is that an option during the night? or do they just give it to you with whatever cheese is available. Just curious.

:D This made me laugh.

I've never seen them give out grated cheese on burgers. Could very well be that they ran out of singles and had to use the grated they'd usually use for taco chips. You could always ask for grated cheese if you prefer it though?

takola wrote: »
    :D This made me laugh.

I've never seen them give out grated cheese on burgers. Could very well be that they ran out of singles and had to use the grated they'd usually use for taco chips. You could always ask for grated cheese if you prefer it though?

It was a life changing experience. :D

I'm laughing at it right now. Grated cheese from now on in for me. :)

• Advertisement

Aww DenMan, I'm hungry now! It's all your fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

DenMan wrote: »
    It was a life changing experience. :D

I'm laughing at it right now. Grated cheese from now on in for me. :)

although i'd say if you asked specifally for grated they would probably say no, or charge you extra

:rolleyes:

takola wrote: »
    Aww DenMan, I'm hungry now! It's all your fault!

Ooops...sorry about that takola. That Abrakebabra is very nice and tasty. If you get the chance pop in.
    irish-stew wrote: »
    although i'd say if you asked specifally for grated they would probably say no, or charge you extra

:rolleyes:

Anything for an another buck I'd say. Another opportunity to cash in on an unsuspecting customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

Merry Christmas everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Thanks cheeky to you too!!! and ok then the rest of you all too!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know Im a bit of a stranger to these parts in recent times but Id like to wish all of you a very happy and peaceful Christmas. Have a good one. :)

Merry Christmas to all :D

Happy Christmas everybody.

muffler wrote: »
    I know Im a bit of a stranger to these parts in recent times but Id like to wish all of you a very happy and peaceful Christmas. Have a good one. :)

Hey Stranger!! How's it going up there?

Wishing you all a lovely, happy, merry Christmas from the T&T's xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Merry Christmas everyone :D

All right, roll call time.

Where is everyone? What's happening in Sligo?

And more importantly, any chance of a meet up the weekend of the rally? Mr Xiney is thinking of going down and I miss my Sligo boardsies.

And I haven't even met Mrs T's bump yet!

PS any thoughts on the new charter? Thought it was high time we got our own, anyway :)

Hi Xiney

Another non-native posting here. How are you keeping?

It's cool that Sligo got the Rally again this year. Bit of excitement. :)

Personally, I'm not really into cars and rallying, but I thought the event was handled spectacularly last year so that was really great to see.

Did you know that in Sligo 60% of men kiss their wives goodbye when leaving their houses. The other 40% kiss their houses goodbye when leaving their wives.

Just to let you know Im still around

Same here. Great they got it back though. At one point it looked like they wouldn't. Should be a good turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

muffler wrote: »
    Did you know that in Sligo 60% of men kiss their wives goodbye when leaving their houses. The other 40% kiss their houses goodbye when leaving their wives.

Just to let you know Im still around

What's the %age figures for Donegal on that?

Big_Mac wrote: »
    What's the %age figures for Donegal on that?
    Im still counting ;)

When is the rally weekend?

I believe it's the last weekend in January, ie 30 31 Jan and 1 Feb.

Don't quote me on that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

End of the month i believe

Hey everybody! We're great and growing! Talking about the rally, does anybody know when the fireworks are for the rally? The rally begins Thursday 29th January with a ceremonial start from Enniskillen 19.00. We'll be around for the fireworks (if there are some)not sure about drinks in pubs...... 9pm is very late for me nowadays :rolleyes:

Muffler, why was there no mention of husbands kissing their computer and car? Can't discriminate my husb...... *cough* I mean those men....

I don't need to go out at night - in fact it's likely I wouldn't be able to since we'd head back to Mr Xiney's parents' home before evening.

I'd love to meet up for coffee/non caffeinated beverages, perhaps Tobergal Lane Cafe? I miss that place, it's so cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I'd be up for it, but I'm working till 6 on Saturday so it'd have to be on Sunday if I'm to grace you all with my glorious presence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Will certainly try. :)

I may need somewhere with table service though. And linen. And possibly a small child to fan me. I am posting from my luxury room in the Clarion you see, so my standards are rather high dahlinks.

(Alriiiiiiiight the room was a tenner...:D I'm still cheap)

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    Will certainly try. :)

I may need somewhere with table service though. And linen. And possibly a small child to fan me. I am posting from my luxury room in the Clarion you see, so my standards are rather high dahlinks.

(Alriiiiiiiight the room was a tenner...:D I'm still cheap)

You jammy thing, how did you manage that??

Advertisement