Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Yeah, Spill Sueme

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

wont be anywhere quiet rally weekend, remember last time around, could not get in any where after 10pm on the saturday night

although definatly time for another boards drinks although of the alco at the mo my self

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sueme wrote: »
    (Alriiiiiiiight the room was a tenner...:D I'm still cheap)

Woo! Seriously how'd you manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

me and mrs. T are up for a coffee on saturday or sunday. The rally wont be as busy as before coz a few of the big teams are not comming.

Not that I know a lot but my neighbour does!!:D

Yay!

I'll be coming down then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Just back from a week in the uk, the plane practically landed sideways at Knock! :eek: Wished I'd brought five suitcases as things over there are so cheap. :rolleyes:

As for the rally, there's a foot of snow on the route over the mountain at Geevagh. So spectators/competitors will either have to deal with the snow or the completely rubbish roads if it's melted. You have been warned! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

magnumlady wrote: »
    You jammy thing, how did you manage that??

It was an offer from www.lastminute.com a few months ago, there was a thread in Bargain Alerts about it. Its worth it to sign up for the emails, but I check the Bargain Alerts Forum here most days, I've got some great bargains because of the forum.

Really enjoyed the hotel - I had booked it in my daughters name from Santa, so he got all the credit! (It was dodgy for awhile whether she was going to pick me to accompany her :D, but I made it!) We spent the time either swimming or eating, when we should have both been at work/school - if your gonna pull a sickie thats the way to do it :D.

(Yay - new name!)

I love your new name!

One of my favourite books + a play on words, you're a woman after my heart!

It was an offer from www.lastminute.com a few months ago, there was a thread in Bargain Alerts about it. Its worth it to sign up for the emails, but I check the Bargain Alerts Forum here most days, I've got some great bargains because of the forum.

Really enjoyed the hotel - I had booked it in my daughters name from Santa, so he got all the credit! (It was dodgy for awhile whether she was going to pick me to accompany her :D, but I made it!) We spent the time either swimming or eating, when we should have both been at work/school - if your gonna pull a sickie thats the way to do it :D.

(Yay - new name!)

Hmmm, new name and pic. Next thing you'll be saying you got a new hairdo too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

About hour ago I've seen burning car(black pickup i think Nissan navara 07) near domino pizza behind Quaiside.I just wonder what happened (maybe bomb?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Jeepers,that's some crazy sh*t.

Your French right?

You weren't in 4 Lights at about 2:15am were you,there was a French guy in there ordering a Big4 Meal and something else,just dawned on me now that it could have been you.
    I'm probably wrong though...:(

*runs away all embarrassed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

devil-80 wrote: »
    About hour ago I've seen burning car(black pickup i think Nissan navara 07) near domino pizza behind Quaiside.I just wonder what happened (maybe bomb?)

id go with the owner probably falling on hard times or someone really didnt like him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

or insurance job?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

or insurance job?:eek:

thats what i was hinting at with owner falling on hard times lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Why was today the first time in years that I've been in the Four Lights....I blame Bobcar because of the earlier post.....but I'm delighted because the curry chips were lovely:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I fúcking hate that song. Some of the most retarded lyrics I've ever heard. "What's wrong with the world momma, people acting like they ain't got no momma". Who fúcking wrote that shít????

*breathes deeply and goes to his happy place*

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

will i am... not feeling it lately:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What.

I fúcking hate that song. Some of the most retarded lyrics I've ever heard. "What's wrong with the world momma, people acting like they ain't got no momma". Who fúcking wrote that shít????

*breathes deeply and goes to his happy place*

Exhibit A m'lud. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slavigo

Ah, it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I listened for about 5 seconds!!

I want them 5 seconds back!!:D

If the question is do you hate that song then the answer is yes. If not, whats the feckin question?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slavigo

I was going with the whole "Whats wrong with the world" question, as I didn't make it past the first line.

I suppose it could be "Where is the love" either.
    If it is, have you tried behind the couch or under the plant pot?
    It's always in the last place you look.
    Or maybe the answer is Sligo and this weekend.
    Given that this is the Sligo forum and it's all go over the next few days.

Or a trick question maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

slavigo wrote: »
    I was going with the whole "Whats wrong with the world" question, as I didn't make it past the first line.

I suppose it could be "Where is the love" either.
    If it is, have you tried behind the couch or under the plant pot?
    It's always in the last place you look.
    Or maybe the answer is Sligo and this weekend.
    Given that this is the Sligo forum and it's all go over the next few days.

Or a trick question maybe?

Was wondering what the question was meself. But, hey this is getting a bit too deep now for me!:D

:)

Actually, I don't mind the song - not particularly my type of music though.

Anyway, there was a bit of bother with people acting like they ain't got no mamma around the Sligo board lately.

(also, this really ought to be in the general discussion thread so I'm going to move it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

What's the plan for Sunday? Are we still going to meet up?

I really hope so -

thing is Mr. Xiney might be working this weekend - I expect I'll know by tomorrow if we're heading down and I'll let you know :)

I have to be back in Galway on Monday 'cause I have to sign on for my credits. They're not paying me any money but if I don't show up and line up like the rest of 'em, I won't be getting my PRSI stamps.

The question was "Where is the love?". I thought the lovely Fergie might put it across better than me.

/Fergie Failed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

magnumlady wrote: »
    Why was today the first time in years that I've been in the Four Lights....I blame Bobcar because of the earlier post.....but I'm delighted because the curry chips were lovely:D

I blame you all for planting the Four Lights seed in our heads.... We HAD to go last night, I do like their steak chips thing. :D:D

Advertisement