Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The question was "Where is the love?".
    Im here :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Is there a lack of the aforementioned love somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Is there a lack of the aforementioned love somewhere?

The aforementioned love appears to have given way to fisticuffs at dawn on some of the threads here lately. (Crackin' moderation by the two mods though.) The Sligo Forum needs a group hug. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

(Crackin' moderation by the two mods though.)

Since I'm most likely in town this weekend, rather than posting your cheque I shall hand it to you personally.

Xiney wrote: »
    Since I'm most likely in town this weekend, rather than posting your cheque I shall hand it to you personally.

Much as I would love to receive my royalties in person, I'm afraid I'm on nursing duties for the weekend. My poor Mum is suffering with about the forth flu in a row and is staying with me until shes better. Hope you all enjoy it. :)

• Advertisement

In that case, I'm going to have to start deducting postage. These huge novelty cheques are a bitch to mail.

(Tell your mum I send her "get well soon" wishes!)

In that case, I'm going to have to start deducting postage. These huge novelty cheques are a bitch to mail.

(Tell your mum I send her "get well soon" wishes!)

Thank you, will do. :)

/Off topic..? Is there a topic? You will be v jealous - I got a red leather trenchcoat in the new Oxfam today for THIRTY EURO!! Its v gorgeous.:p

ooooooh

sounds glamorous! Is your hair still dark? What colour red?

ooooooh

sounds glamorous! Is your hair still dark? What colour red?

Yep, hairs still dark. The coats a dark red, from Vila. I got fab black leather boots as well for Xmas, so am style queen. :p

I bet you look fantastic in it. I love dark red.

• Advertisement

I bet you look fantastic in it. I love dark red.

In my head I do!

LOL

That's good enough, you know. Your head's the only one that matters.

The aforementioned love appears to have given way to fisticuffs at dawn on some of the threads here lately. (Crackin' moderation by the two mods though.) The Sligo Forum needs a group hug. :p

Just because some of us can't see eye to eye one some subjects don't mean we can't get along........ Why can't we all just get along

/stretches around monitor to give a boardsie hug

Just because some of us can't see eye to eye one some subjects don't mean we can't get along........ Why can't we all just get along

/stretches around monitor to give a boardsie hug

Hey! Watch the coat dude!

Hey! Watch the coat dude!

Ah, come on! its leather, and not like it cost you a FORTUNE!

Ah, come on! its leather, and not like it cost you a FORTUNE!

Dammit. Me and my big mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi guys.

I might get grilled for saying this but here it goes........is anybody else really not interested in the rally at all? I have to admit while it does appeal to a lot of people and it is great for Sligo it's just doesn't do it for me. Is there anybody else out there that has no interest in it whatsoever. Been chatting about it in the college today and there is quite a number of people that aren't bothered at all. Just curious. Thanks.

Den

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm not bothered by it at all. If anything it'll keep me at home, because there are the odd 'few' that drive like they are in a rally whenever there is a rally in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DenMan wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I might get grilled for saying this but here it goes........is anybody else really not interested in the rally at all? I have to admit while it does appeal to a lot of people and it is great for Sligo it's just doesn't do it for me. Is there anybody else out there that has no interest in it whatsoever. Been chatting about it in the college today and there is quite a number of people that aren't bothered at all. Just curious. Thanks.

Den
    2 words... "not arsed!"

Hi guys.

Den

I can't think of anything more boring than standing on the side of a road on a wet winters day,watching cars zooming by and i work in the motor trade!
    Rallies are spoiled by the worst type of following,i.e. the boy racers thinking they are part of it and just because there is a rally on they think the rules of the road are out the window!:mad:

• Advertisement

Lol, basquille took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't mind it though, I appreciate that everyone has different interests. Just doesn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I dont mind the rally, like the boy racers though with their tuned and modded cars, I personaly enjoy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

I dont mind the rally, like the boy racers though with their tuned and modded cars, I personaly enjoy that.

and the fact that most of them cant and are not allowed to operate them to their full capability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Hi guys.

Den

I agree. I like cars but let people who want do drive fast hire a track and pay for it themselves. Do not expect us taxpayers in the current climate to suffer the inconvenience + expense. Look at all the Garda overtime, bord failte sponsorship etc etc. Not to mention the pollution ( 3 k of fuel used by each car ? ) and encouragement of boy racer culture.

The rally coming to Sligo is a bit akin to a group of obese people having an overeating competition during a famine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

jimmmy wrote: »
    I agree. I like cars but let people who want do drive fast hire a track and pay for it themselves. Do not expect us taxpayers in the current climate to suffer the inconvenience + expense. Look at all the Garda overtime, bord failte sponsorship etc etc. Not to mention the pollution ( 3 k of fuel used by each car ? ) and encouragement of boy racer culture.

The rally coming to Sligo is a bit akin to a group of obese people having an overeating competition during a famine.

Fair enough but it is worth a fortune to the North West in terms of where the rallyheads spend there money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Gillie wrote: »
    Fair enough but it is worth a fortune to the North West in terms of where the rallyheads spend there money!

I wonder has anyone done a cost / benefit analysis on that ? I know one hotelier who told me he was disappointed last time. He sold a few nights b+b all right, but virtually nothing in the hotel bar, or lunches etc. Is it worth the hundreds of thousands in taxpayers money spent on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I wonder has anyone done a cost / benefit analysis on that ? I know one hotelier who told me he was disappointed last time. He sold a few nights b+b all right, but virtually nothing in the hotel bar, or lunches etc. Is it worth the hundreds of thousands in taxpayers money spent on it ?

with that argument we can stop every music or sport event, maybe just every event. Lets ditch half of the goverment and sack half of the council aswell while we're at it, they waste tax too or rte television they dont make any money either and most people watch sky.

Let some people have fun, if you dont like it dont go. I personaly dont use public transport but I'm not saying they have to stop each non profitble line even though it cost the tax payer a lot more (400 million) then the whole rally.

You can be against everything in the world but it's nicer to enjoy thing you like and let others do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Better us having here in the north west then somewhere else though!
    I'm sure that the pubs and restaurants in Sligo will be packed this weekend! But we'll see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I have to say I like the crowds that come with the rally. Our village was bustling last year and all our pubs, shops benefited from that so I say "Start your engines!" :D
    But anyway, Xiney and the rest are you still up for coffee on Sunday? Where and when?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not Mrs. T, John and I have just made the decision not to come up this weekend. He's knackered from working late all week and the weather is going to be crap all weekend. We'll be up soon, hopefully the weather will be better.

Sorry about the late notice :(

Advertisement