Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

magnumlady wrote: »
    lol I was going to ask if it was you, but I'm shy:D
    Nice to meet you, I'll talk properly next time:D

:D I can't give out - I had the fear. Randomly asking customers "excuse me, do I know you from the internet? I saw your picture...." is a good way to have them turn into gibbering wrecks ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

fozzle wrote: »
    :D I can't give out - I had the fear. Randomly asking customers "excuse me, do I know you from the internet? I saw your picture...." is a good way to have them turn into gibbering wrecks ^_^

lol...I can imagine:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    lol...I can imagine:D

Actually that might be a lot of fun. I've had a number of customers over the years that I'd love to break......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

fozzle wrote: »

or have them get a restraining order

;)

irish-stew wrote: »
    or have them get a restraining order

;)

Hmm, that would mean that if they entered the shop I'd have to leave........ I like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Driving Theory Test today. Has anyone ever heard of anyone failing it? Think I got a dodgy practice cd... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Driving Theory Test today. Has anyone ever heard of anyone failing it? Think I got a dodgy practice cd... :p
    Yep, have heard of quite a few failing it.

Not to brag but 40/40 here.... it's my #1 chat-up line!

"You do realize I got 40 / 40 in my Driver Theory Test?" - the ladies swoon at my feet. The rohypnol helps!

Its the abstract pencil drawings of a Guard waving his badly broken arms about that's throwing me. How the f*ck do I know what hes trying to tell me? He needs an ambulance? Hes suing the surgeon who sewed his arm back on the wrong way round? Hes double-jointed? His pension levy caused him to break his own arm in protest?

basquille wrote: »
    Yep, have heard of quite a few failing it.

Not to brag but 40/40 here.... it's my #1 chat-up line!

"You do realize I got 40 / 40 in my Driver Theory Test?" - the ladies swoon at my feet. The rohypnol helps!

have heard of one or two my self failing theirs, have mine in two weeks, in all the sample tests i've done, usally getting between 36-39 out of the 40, one or two of the questions keep throwing me
    Its the abstract pencil drawings of a Guard waving his badly broken arms about that's throwing me. How the f*ck do I know what hes trying to tell me? He needs an ambulance? Hes suing the surgeon who sewed his arm back on the wrong way round? Hes double-jointed? His pension levy caused him to break his own arm in protest?

which way/direction is he throwing them sue, could be be directing traffic from behind him or is he just trying to avoid the abuse being directed at him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Advertisement

If perfectly plucked eyebrows are any help, I'm gonna ACE this.

Am finding lots of urgent things to do other than study...

If perfectly plucked eyebrows are any help, I'm gonna ACE this.

Am finding lots of urgent things to do other than study...

mock theory test here on the ISM site if your interested sue

good luck with it

Thanks Stewie. Its on in less than an hour. Am beyond help. (Have beautifully polished fire grate though. :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good luck with the test TMB

Hope it goes great for you.

Den

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

yeah good luck sue!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

And you blame the CD?.....;)

Seriously, good luck, you'll sail through it!

Good luck, hope it goes well for you:D

Can't post.
    Am failure.
    Stupid tractors.
    And pencil Guards.

:(

Can't post.
    Am failure.
    Stupid tractors.
    And pencil Guards.

sorry to hear that sue, did you get a resit date

Can't post.
    Am failure.
    Stupid tractors.
    And pencil Guards.

I say we ban tractors! Have you applied again so that you can do it quick or do you have to wait a certain time.
    Chin up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Commiserations Sue.

awww better luck next time pet.

Aww. Thanks all. More study, less polishing I guess.

I'll check the site now and see when the next free date is, I had to take this one so early because the next free date was the end of April, but hopefully I'll get a cancellation before then.

I got a load of odd questions that I hadn't seen so I knew in there I was in trouble. Is a tractor traveling at high speed more likely to topple over going up or down a steep hill? WTF??

I failed by one question and I blame the tractor.

Thanks again. The cab drivers of Sligo can breathe a sigh of relief!

next time better!

Right I'm in for the 25th March again!

Going to sit in the car and cry.

xxx

Aww. Thanks all. More study, less polishing I guess.

I'll check the site now and see when the next free date is, I had to take this one so early because the next free date was the end of April, but hopefully I'll get a cancellation before then.

I got a load of odd questions that I hadn't seen so I knew in there I was in trouble. Is a tractor traveling at high speed more likely to topple over going up or down a steep hill? WTF??

I failed by one question and I blame the tractor.

Thanks again. The cab drivers of Sligo can breathe a sigh of relief!

Thats a bloody stupid question, in all my years of living here I've never seen a tractor going at high speed.:rolleyes:

y yyggb uj8im9lllllllluyiuuyuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii7yyyyyyyyii7

Haha, what do you think he would say if it got moved into the HUGE BIG IMPORTANT chit chat thread? (Or has he moved onto something else and is not longer interested ;) )

I didn't see this at all at the time Sue, sorry to hear you didn't pass (only by one question!!)

At the time I even thought the theory test cost 100 euro. Don't know what gave me that idea.

anyway, now I know it's around 35 or so because I booked mine last night. Thursday 12 March, here I come!

• Advertisement

I think maybe we spend too much time on here.... He was being very quiet, typing a new post!! :rolleyes: The coast is clear, he's gone to playschool so, move it anywhere.

Advertisement