Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

y yyggb uj8im9lllllllluyiuuyuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii7yyyyyyyyii7
    Hang on till I decrypt the message..

I've to kill who ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Xiney wrote: »
    I didn't see this at all at the time Sue, sorry to hear you didn't pass (only by one question!!)

At the time I even thought the theory test cost 100 euro. Don't know what gave me that idea.

anyway, now I know it's around 35 or so because I booked mine last night. Thursday 12 March, here I come!

Shall we post random highway code questions at you? Just to help.... ;) I'll probably forget when the date comes so GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

40/40

:pac: woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

40/40

AHHHH!!! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

40/40

HOORAY go girl!! congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

40/40

Congrats Xiney.

I'm off to warn the Galway road users! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

well done Xiney:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

40/40

Well done you!!!

basquille wrote: »
    Congrats Xiney.

I'm off to warn the Galway road users! :pac:

...have you been to Galway? They're certainly more of a danger to themselves!

...have you been to Galway? They're certainly more of a danger to themselves!
    At least you won't have to face Sligo's "arse-ways" and daft one-way system..

• Advertisement

again... have you seen the roads in galway!?

they have a freakin' roundabout fetish. I'm ****ting myself.

again... have you seen the roads in galway!?

they have a freakin' roundabout fetish. I'm ****ting myself.
    True..

But you ain't seen roundabouts til you've seen Kilkenny. I'm convinced the place doesn't have a city - just a continuous loop of roundabouts.

Yourself and Mr Xiney round for Paddy's Day, or are ye staying in Galway?

*note to self: never visit Kilkenny*

we were planning on coming up for Paddy's day but Mr Xiney's parents already have a full house at the time.

If you're offering us a couch we might be up for it though......... :pac:

Feel free to use our couch..

I probably won't be there though! :D

Am planning on visiting friends in Dublin. But plans might change - will let ye know in advance if so.

*note to self: never visit Kilkenny*

we were planning on coming up for Paddy's day but Mr Xiney's parents already have a full house at the time.

If you're offering us a couch we might be up for it though......... :pac:

Kilkenny's just a series of regular roundabouts - nothing on this earth can prepare you for that god-awful partially light-controlled roundabout of doom in Terryland in Galway. Best of luck. ;)

haha aw

well Mr. Xiney might have the next week off so maybe we'll come up the week following

tbh going out on St Patrick's day doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me - too much potential for trouble not to mention stupidly crowded pubs.

fozzle wrote: »
    Kilkenny's just a series of regular roundabouts - nothing on this earth can prepare you for that god-awful partially light-controlled roundabout of doom in Terryland in Galway. Best of luck. ;)

Thanks - I was actually at the "magic roundabout" today (after taking that test to the cleaners) and I thought a couple times about the doom that awaited...

Try Dundee they even came up whit a dubble round about. so it's in the shape of a 8!! I'm not joking! Mad scots (sorry darling!)

Try Dundee they even came up whit a dubble round about. so it's in the shape of a 8!! I'm not joking! Mad scots (sorry darling!)

*whimper*

anyway how about this monstrosity?

msn_magic_roundabout_470x3501231049976.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks - I was actually at the "magic roundabout" today (after taking that test to the cleaners) and I thought a couple times about the doom that awaited...

I confess for the first while I was driving I would drive 3 times round Galway to avoid it. It's the idea of it that's the worst though - once you're used to it it's much less of a trauma.

What the hell is that Xiney?! :eek:

Where the fck is that??

Where the fck is that??

Swindon in the south of England it seems. It's called "The Magic Roundabout."

:eek:

fozzle wrote: »
    Swindon in the south of England it seems. It's called "The Magic Roundabout."

:eek:

What you need magic to go around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That looks like Hemel Hempstead, I learnt to drive there, in a horrible Talbot samba that cut out all the time.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

There's one of those things in Colchester, Essex, too. The idea of not going around a roundabout the right way did my head in when I lived near there. :D

Even experienced drivers end up going round and round in circles trying to get off the thing! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Then of course they did do an alternative to roundabouts...Except what if you were to miss your slip road when would you ever be able to get your turn again. :eek: I love the documentary with this, like a Nic park documentary or something. "Oh the mess!!" and "I'd like to see him living here ...for a month".

http://wikimapia.org/19170/Spaghetti-Junction-Gravelly-Hill-Interchange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

40/40

Oh sh*t.

Well done girl!!

Advertisement